Q. I have irregular heartbeat and palpitations. Is it due to sinus tachycardia or stress?

Dr. Isaac Gana

I have consulted two different cardiologists now and they both have gave me a different opinion and prescription. I have been told I have an irregular heartbeat and a high heart rate. The 24 hours Holter test concluded that I have ventricluar extrasystoles 1000/24 hour, but the day after and today I felt more palpitations. He said I have also sinus tachycardia. The walking, running, and stress test came back fine as did my majority EKG and ECG's.

The first doctor said I need to take Flecainide and will need a catheter abulation soon. The second doctor said it was from stress and prescribed me Concor 5 beta blocker. I am unsure who is correct? I am currently taking Yasmin pill.

#

I understand your worry, but no need for you to worry. What you are having is palpitations. They often are due to benign causes. I advise you to continue with Concor and also make sure to get six to seven hours sleep at night. Stop smoking, alcohol or coffee if you take because these are things that can worsen it. Lastly, make sure to do cardio exercises at least three times a week. You will be fine.

|