Q. Is it advisable to use Avenova spray with Cliradex wipes on eyelids?

Dr. Bandivadekar Pooja Mohan

I am starting Avenova spray and Cliradex wipes for my eyelids, which have blepharitis and MGD. How far apart should I space each one? I do not want to irritate the eyelids.

#

Do space them some time apart. 2 to 3 hours would be optimal so that each can act individually. Both have an antiseptic effect on low-grade bacteria causing blepharitis along with add on effects (detergent and non-detergent) and hence improving hygiene. Hence, spacing them would be ideal. However, if you are a busy individual and fund carrying things around a bit difficult, keep at least 15 minutes gap for the action of one medication to set in. Also, do not overuse either, twice a day is ideal frequency. Scrubbing of lashes with baby shampoo is also of some help and simple to follow for blepharitis.

|