Q. Is it advisable to use Avenova spray with Cliradex wipes on eyelids?

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar
Published on Feb 01, 2019

I am starting Avenova spray and Cliradex wipes for my eyelids, which have blepharitis and MGD. How far apart should I space each one? I do not want to irritate the eyelids.

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Do space them some time apart. 2 to 3 hours would be optimal so that each can act individually. Both have an antiseptic effect on low-grade bacteria causing blepharitis along with add on effects (detergent and non-detergent) and hence improving hygiene. Hence, spacing them would be ideal. However, if you are a busy individual and fund carrying things around a bit difficult, keep at least 15 minutes gap for the action of one medication to set in. Also, do not overuse either, twice a day is ideal frequency. Scrubbing of lashes with baby shampoo is also of some help and simple to follow for blepharitis.

Multiple sore like protrusions around an eye is spreading to the other. Will it cause blindness?

Query: Hi doctor, My 4 year old nephew with autism had a swollen right eye four days ago, which turned into infection with multiple sore like protrusions around the eye. It is now spreading to the left eye. The doctors at the children's hospital have no idea what it is, but they have not ruled out herpes. ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The condition looks like herpes blepharitis and conjunctivitis. In children, we suggest oral Acyclovir and have to observe his cornea as it may spread to the cornea also. He has to be kept under observation by a pediatric ophthalmologist. Consult your specialist doctor,...  Read Full

Is it normal to have twitching of both the eyelids?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old, my height is 6 feet and I weigh 200 pounds. Is it normal for both the eyelids to twitch? Bottom left eyelid and top right eyebrow twitch whenever I blink. It is worrisome. I drink caffeine but I am well rested. I had a negative brain CT scan done last month. I have ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Even though the eyelid twitches are very commonly associated with stress and they usually go away on their own without any treatment, the involvement of both eyelids could also be an early sign of blepharospasm which requires treatment. If symptoms are getting worse...  Read Full

What treatment will help recurrent stye?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old female. I am getting a stye in the corner of my left eye, right under the lower eyelid. It is recurrent for the past six months and itchy sometimes. What would you recommend to get rid of it?   Read Full >>

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Recurrent stye appears due to poor lid hygiene. Kindly follow my instructions. Maintain lid hygiene. Warm compresses. Apply antibiotic ointment locally and take antibiotic tablet to prevent recurrence. You can maintain lid hygiene by cleaning lids and lashes with baby sh...  Read Full