Q. Is it normal to have twitching of both the eyelids?

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

I am 24 years old, my height is 6 feet and I weigh 200 pounds. Is it normal for both the eyelids to twitch? Bottom left eyelid and top right eyebrow twitch whenever I blink. It is worrisome. I drink caffeine but I am well rested. I had a negative brain CT scan done last month. I have never had both sides twitch.

I have a reasonable amount of anxiety and stress lately. Have had a concussion history but nothing in over a year and have been cleared by many doctors and have had a negative CT scan.

#

Even though the eyelid twitches are very commonly associated with stress and they usually go away on their own without any treatment, the involvement of both eyelids could also be an early sign of blepharospasm which requires treatment.

If symptoms are getting worse or twitches turn to spasm you must see an ophthalmologist who will evaluate the condition.

If treatment is needed, a botox injection does the trick hence do not stress. It is not complicated.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

|