Q. What treatment will help recurrent stye?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 15, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am an 18 year old female. I am getting a stye in the corner of my left eye, right under the lower eyelid. It is recurrent for the past six months and itchy sometimes. What would you recommend to get rid of it? 

#

• Recurrent stye appears due to poor lid hygiene. Kindly follow my instructions.
  1. Maintain lid hygiene.
  2. Warm compresses.
  3. Apply antibiotic ointment locally and take antibiotic tablet to prevent recurrence.
  • You can maintain lid hygiene by cleaning lids and lashes with baby shampoo.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|