Q. I have a burning pain between my eyebrows. What specialist should I consult?

Dr. Rajesh Deshwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 07, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have been experiencing a burning sensation and a pricking pain near my left eyebrow and between my eyebrows. I especially feel it when I am about to cry. The pain makes my eyes burn and no tears come out. I also felt this when I make certain facial movements, cough, sneeze, and when I am going to the bathroom. I have had a history of chronic sinusitis and environmental allergies.

#

• This could possibly be due to allergic blepharitis, since you have a propensity for environmental allergies, or may be an infective focus in the eyelids. The treatment for former is steroid based eye drops, while for the latter it is local and oral antibiotics.
  •  I suggest you get it examined before starting either of the therapies.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online -->  https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

What specialist should I consult? I have not been able to cry because of the discomfort. It then creates a sensation of pressure around my eyebrows. I am on Xanax daily.

#

• For your condition, you will have to consult an ophthalmologist.
  • He will check for your eye pressure by tonometry.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|