Q. I feel pain and bloating after eating anything. Please help me out.

Dr. Sultan Zeb Khan
and medically reviewed by Dr.Sowmiya
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 05, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jan 19, 2022

After eating my food or anything like dairy products, etc., my stomach bloats, and there is pain below the breast on both sides, but mainly on the left side. On touching the ribs, I have pain. I had undergone appendicitis surgery in the past. Please help me out. It has been there for a very long time.

#

I would like to know if you had any weight loss recently, used painkillers excessively, or had black-colored stool or blood with vomit? Do you have vomiting? Or a family history of any stomach cancer?

If all these are negative, then you are suffering from functional dyspepsia. That can be managed by lifestyle dietary modification and medications.

| 

Listeriosis - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Listeriosis is a bacterial infection, that can result in severe complications like meningitis, sepsis, and even death. R...  Read more»
Myositis - Types, Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and Prognosis
The term "myositis" refers to a set of uncommon diseases. To know more about myositis, read the full article below.  Read more»
Osteoporosis: an Important Public Health Problem
Osteoporosis is a problem that is largely preventable. This article focuses on the causes of osteoporosis and the availa...  Read more»