Dyspepsia

What causes nausea, burping, and cramps in the upper groin area?

Query: Hello doctor, I had nausea a year and a half ago. At that time, I could not eat and was given IV therapy along with antacid. Immediately felt better and I left the ER. I had a colonoscopy about a year ago and it was fine. Doctor did not do any other test and said I had gastritis from alcohol. He ga...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Kumar Padhan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »

What is Normaxin used for?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with erosive gastritis two years back and my latest endoscopy shows that it has been completely treated. But over the course of taking PPI, I noticed undigested stool and a feel of bloating even after taking medication. My doctor prescribed Sibofix, Darolac and Normaxin f...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Kumar Padhan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your problem. You can try tablet Esomac L (Esomeprazole) one tablet once daily before food for a month. Also, take tablet Normaxin (combination of Chlordiazepoxide and Clidinium) one tablet twice daily after food for a month. Please discon...  Read Full »

I feel like having water in my chest, and neck which goes down to the stomach. What can this be?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel like I have water in my chest,and neck which goes down to the stomach, underarms. The precise explanation is like a sweat inside my body that travels in those areas (chest, stomach, underarms, and abdominal wall). What can this be?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, this does not appear to be a life-threatening or severe issue. Most probable diagnosis goes with your explanation is of dyspepsia (indigestion) or gaseous issues. Does your upper abdominal pain, nausea, bloating, and burping increase while taking food? Do yo...  Read Full »

How long does it take for Acidophilus to get out of the system?

Query: Hello doctor, How long does it take for Acidophilus to get out of your system? Since stopping I have experienced indigestion. I am wondering how long it will take for the probiotic to be out of my system. Last week I started having some digestive issues. Mainly just pain and pressure in my upper ab...  Read Full »

Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Hassan Shoukat

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not think your indigestion is because of Acidophilus. Also, these probiotics do not get into the system. It just stays in the GI tract. They do not get absorbed. They can stay for a longer period of time and are beneficial. I think all this indigestion-like feeling i...  Read Full »

I have acidity and indigestion problem. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old male, who weighs 62 kg. My stomach is swollen, and it feels as if it is filled with gas. I also have low appetite, acidity, and indigestion. I used to chew tobacco from a long time, but I quit it recently. I am an occasional drinker, and I am fond of spicy foods. I am...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. You are suffering from an acid peptic disease, for which you are taking Famotidine at present. Also, your stomach is bloated as mentioned in your post. So you have features of IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), and I would suggest you take a com...  Read Full »

How to reduce belly fat in a diabetic?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is a diabetic since 25 years. He had bypass surgery last year and has gained some belly fat. He is taking medication for lipids. He has grade 2 fatty liver with no symptoms. Please examine my father's recent ultrasound which was done to check his enlarged prostate. Also, pl...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Kumar Padhan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. His ultrasound (attachment removed to protect patient identity) of abdomen suggests fatty liver. Liver function test (LFT) is normal. This indicates there is fat in liver, but it is not damaging liver. There is no specific treatment for fatty liver. Main treatment to ...  Read Full »

I have poor digestion, bad appetite, and feel nauseous. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male, and I am 155 cm tall and weigh 36 kg. I feel that my digestion is very slow from the past 13 years. I am often constipated, and my appetite is bad. I feel nauseous, burp a lot, and find it hard to digest sweet. I tried taking Rabeprazole and enzymes for this pr...  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The probable causes of anorexia, heartburn, and dyspepsia are as follows: Eating spicy and fried junk foods.  Excessive smoking and drinking habits. Anxiety. Taking NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) or Aspirin excessively. Consuming cold drinks.  Sometime...  Read Full »

What shall I do to get relief from cough and heartburn?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female. I am suffering from the following symptoms: Cough, blocked itchy throat, which is slightly red, burps, farts, little gassy and acidity. This has increased in the past 24 hours. Because of sore throat, I cannot have cold substances to resolve acidity. Also, I can...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You appear to be a case of dyspepsia. The acute onset might be drug induced as gastritis is a known side effect of Azithromycin. Gastritis worsens cough, and the cough further induce nausea and vomiting. Hence, it is very prudent to treat both the conditions. For how long...  Read Full »

Is it true that there is no cure for functional dyspepsia?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old male, I have a constant and mild abdominal pain whole day, especially in the morning. I feel heavy all day long, but still, have an urge to eat. I fart and belch more than usual and have a foul smell. I have a sense of indigestion in my stomach all day long. I defecate...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, you are not sick, and you do not have any disease. Your symptoms are because of your disturbed gastrointestinal flora, and our intestine contains a lot of bacteria, some of them are good, and some of them are bad. Good bacteria like lactobacillus helps in proper...  Read Full »

I regularly wake up at 3 AM with stomach pain and burning sensation. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a female age 46. Every day, for about 20 days now, I get up between 3 and 4 AM feeling giddy, uneasy with burning, and pain in the stomach and then pass gas in about 15 to 20 minutes which makes it little better and within another 15 to 30 minutes go to the potty which makes it muc...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. From what you mentioned, most probably you have dyspepsia. I suggest taking a medication for one month. If the symptoms are still there we should do a test for Helicobacter pylori, if positive eradication treatment will be required. Th...  Read Full »