Common "Dyspepsia" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


Dyspepsia, also called indigestion, is the term used to describe discomfort in the upper abdomen. It is a symptom and not a disease. The symptoms of indigestion are burning stomach, stomach pain, bloating, nausea, and vomiting. The causes include ulcers, GERD, IBS, pregnancy, etc.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I feel pain and bloating after eating anything. Please help me out.

Query: Hello doctor, After eating my food or anything like dairy products, etc., my stomach bloats, and there is pain below the breast on both sides, but mainly on the left side. On touching the ribs, I have pain. I had undergone appendicitis surgery in the past. Please help me out. It has been there for ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sultan Zeb Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I would like to know if you had any weight loss recently, used painkillers excessively, or had black-colored stool or blood with vomit? Do you have vomiting? Or a family history of any stomach cancer? If all these are negative, then you are suffering from functional...  Read Full »

My husband has bloating and constipation. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,My husband is experiencing bloating and slight constipation. This is probably his 4th episode in a four-year time frame. An emergency visit and an urgent care visit followed the prior episodes. During the last episode, it was concluded that Tablet Alevue was the problem. He no longer takes...  Read Full »

Dr. K. Shanmuganandan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. Your husband has dyspepsia; it is infrequent since it is episodic. It may be related to drugs or any foodstuff. Please take soft diet fruits and liquid food. Please inform us if fever, weight loss, or thyroid issues exist. Please also avoid t...  Read Full »

Is it true that there is no cure for functional dyspepsia?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old male, I have a constant and mild abdominal pain whole day, especially in the morning. I feel heavy all day long, but still, have an urge to eat. I fart and belch more than usual and have a foul smell. I have a sense of indigestion in my stomach all day long. I defecate ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Firstly, you are not sick, and you do not have any disease. Your symptoms are because of your disturbed gastrointestinal flora, and our intestine contains a lot of bacteria, some of them are good, and some of them are bad. Good bacteria like lactobacillus helps in prope...  Read Full »

Are excessive stomach gas and burps signs of something worse?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34-year-old male, 6 feet tall, and I weigh 170 pounds. I am healthy, and I do exercise three times a week. Recently I have been having a problem going for over a year already. I keep feeling like there is a lot of gas in my stomach, and I need to burp so badly in order to get it o...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep V. Nair

Answer: Hi, Welcome to The symptom of excessive gas filling up in the abdomen, bloating sensation, needing to burp are possibly signs of dyspepsia which is a medical term to describe disorders of upper gastrointestinal tract. It is usually a result of increased acid production in the stomach....  Read Full »

Why do I often have bloated stomach and burp after eating or drinking?

Query: Hello doctor, I am going tomorrow to get retested for H.pylori. I have been off medicines for two weeks and still having a bloated, distended stomach, burping after eating or drinking, and some flatulence. I am wondering why I still have a bloated stomach? Maybe I should see obstetrics and gynecolo...  Read Full »

Dr. Arbab Muhammad Kashif Khan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Can you please answer a few of my questions: 1. Which test did you do for H.pylori? Please share the report if possible. 2. Did you get any treatment for H.pylori? If yes, then which medicine did you use? 3. Since how long you feel such symptoms? Is there any change ...  Read Full »

How to treat bloated stomach and lactose intolerance?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a gastric problem for the last seven years. The gastric problem means the stomach feels bloated and heavy after having some food items. I have developed lactose intolerance for the previous five years, and having any milk product causes gastric instantly. The same also happen...  Read Full »

Dr. Mian Shah Yousaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I reviewed all your details (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Thanks for providing history in great detail. I am going to answers your queries one by one. 1. This is called Dyspepsia in medical terms. I will say a sensitive stomach. 2. Kindly follo...  Read Full »

I have had severe bloating for three days, Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing extreme bloating for three days. My stomach is uncomfortably bloated to the point where after a small snack, I feel way too full and stretched out in the stomach. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern. It seems that you have developed dyspepsia. It is a common disorder that affects up to 30 % of the general population. Symptoms of dyspepsia include upper abdominal pain or discomfort and frequently include symptoms of burning, press...  Read Full »

I feel like having water in my chest, and neck which goes down to the stomach. What can this be?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel like I have water in my chest, and neck which goes down to the stomach, and underarms. The precise explanation is like a sweat inside my body that travels in those areas (chest, stomach, underarms, and abdominal wall). What can this be?  Read Full »

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Firstly, this does not appear to be a life-threatening or severe issue. The most probable diagnosis that goes with your explanation is dyspepsia (indigestion) or gaseous issues. Does your upper abdominal pain, nausea, bloating, and burping increase while taking foo...  Read Full »

I often get a grumbling feeling in my stomach. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor,From time to time, I get an empty stomach or grumbling feeling below the sternum. No pain, everything else is alright. My appetite is good, and my bowel movements are normal. The sensation can last several days, subside for days or weeks and then reappear. What can be the cause?  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abdelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello,Welcome to understand your concerns.From what you mentioned, most probably you have dyspepsia which is a problem due to abnormal gastric acid secretion. I suggest a trial of Pantoprazole 20 mg tablet once a day before breakfast for a month. Eat simple meals. Have Maalox (Magnesiu...  Read Full »

Why do I get recurrent stomach pain and uneasiness even after H.pylori treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, Two months back, I started feeling very uneasy in my stomach with sudden pain and pain in my left shoulder blade. I went to an ED and my ECG was normal but my abdomen sonography showed a gallstone. The doctor gave me painkillers and diet to follow but there was no improvement. Whenever ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Well, I assume that the current gastrointestinal upset are secondary to the foods that you have. Did you take a significant amount of red meat, and any desserts or sweets? You see it is not uncommon to have gastrointestinal upsets like gas, bloating, and sometimes a...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.