Q. Had painkillers for toothache and feeling bloated stomach. What to do?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 12, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 10, 2020

I have been having pain inside my mouth. At the top of my mouth, it is like a bubble and so painful. The nerves are making me having a toothache on the right side of my mouth. I have had this for three days now and took a few painkillers. Now, my stomach hurts like bloating and twitching. I had a few pins and needles in my right arm. It is just now going away. Please help.

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

• You have got gastritis due to painkillers. Avoid spicy, fatty and oily food. Have some walk after having food instead of taking rest and take multiple small meals instead of heavy meals.
  • Avoid smoking and alcohol if any. You can get prescribed tablet Pan DSR 40 mg (Domperidone and Pantoprazole) from your doctor and take it before breakfast once a day for one week.
  • I also suggest tablet Dicyclomine 20 mg whenever needed up to three times a day for twisting and pain.
  • For toothache, you try some local anesthetic toothpaste like Sensodyne if it is kind of sensitivity. You can have painkillers with above antacid. Get one oral checkup done.
  • For pins and needles, you can just wait and watch or I suggest tablet Neurobion forte once a day, which is nerve vitamin.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|