Q. How to get relief from nose block?

Answered by Dr. Shyam Kalyan N and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Blocked Nose or Increased Or Decreased Sleep? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: How to get relief from nose block?

I am 32 years old. Since two weeks, I am suffering with cold, especially nose blockage. As per doctor advice, I had Mucolite SR and Mondeslor daily night. He also advised me to take vaporizer and salt water gargling but I did not do that. I used Otrivine nasal drop for immediate relief. When the symptoms reduced last week, I stopped the tablets but again I faced the same problem. I went back to the same doctor and he asked me to continue the tablets. Three days back, I had lower back pain due to improper sleep. Doctor advised me to do proper stretches as muscles are tight and prescribed me Pan 40, Zincovit, Ultracet. Almost the pain got relieved. I had erection and ejaculation problem, for which about two months back doctor advised me to take Absolut 3G once a day. I almost stopped it now. My doubts are, shall I continue Mucolite SR, Mondeslor in night as still I have cold problems (day before yesterday I had nasal congestion did vaporization in mid night which provided some relief but spoiled my sleep, today early morning had one nose blockage) and capsule Absolut 3G in the morning? Is it fine to discontinue lower back pain tablets and take when necessary? Can I take raw garlic apart from Absolut 3G? Which is the good form of garlic to eat and when? Is it necessary to take Absolut 3G also?