Q. Why am I having serious sleep paralysis with shortness of breath?

Dr. Sunil Sekhri

I am having serious sleep paralysis. In it I feel like I can move my muscle a bit like slightly moving my finger or speaking short words like "maa". But I think I am hallucinating that too. Plus I am having acute bronchitis in this case and have to breathe through the mouth. So I have difficulty in sleeping as my mouth shuts automatically and have to wake up instantly due to shortness of breath.

#

As far as your bronchitis is concerned, I advise my patients to avoid smoking and take steam inhalation twice a day. I also advise syrup Phensedyl BR (Ambroxol and Guaifenesin) 2.5 ml twice a day for five days and tablet Allegra M one tablet at night for five days. If on clinical check up a bacterial infection is suspected I add Amoxycillin 500 mg BD for five days. You can share my opinion with your doctor and take medications with consent. To diagnose a condition of sleep paralysis I would advise you to get sleep studies done first.

|