Q. What is the time interval for a diabetic patient to check blood glucose level?

Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 28, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 31, 2019

After how many days a diabetic patient needs to check their blood glucose level? Is the BMR is too low for a whole day diet plan like 1000? Such low calories are sufficient for any patient for the entire day, or do we need to improve something? Also, guide us by giving factors to be considered while providing a proper diet plan.

#

For a person with diabetes on medicines, with stable blood glucose levels, they need to do their BSL fasting and Pp once in six months and HbA1C test every three months. For people with diabetes on insulin, they need to follow the same, but additionally they need to check their BSL on the glucometer before every meal, and accordingly, they need to take the insulin dose. Mainly in people with diabetes, the body is unable to control the high rise in blood glucose after eating a meal. Hence, high carbohydrate (too much of rice, potatoes, sweets) meals should be avoided. Any food product that finally breaks down into glucose. They should eat more fruits, vegetables, proteins. They should drink plenty of water. I hope you find this helpful.

|