Q. Can same blood group of parents cause any problem to baby?

Published on Jun 27, 2018

Me and my wife blood group are same A positive. And my wife is five months pregnant. I want to know that is there any problem with our baby?

Hematology Pathology
#

The same blood group not at all lead to any problem in conception. Same blood group people can marry and can produce a normal child. So as far as same blood group concerned do not worry about that. But as a doctor I will advise you to check your wife thalassemia minor report by Hb electrophoresis by HPLC method. You can provide me with reports for further interpretation. If you both are relative in nature then genetic counseling is needed.

For more information consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

Is beta thalassemia trait a serious case?

Query: Hello doctor, Is beta thalassemia trait a serious case?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me explain you about beta thalassemia trait. It is good that you are aware of using online health portal. Beta thalassemia trait is the heterozygous condition and the patient can live a normal life. If nutrition is not maintained properly and if any unusual excess b...  Read Full

Is it too risky for me to marry someone with sickle cell trait if I have beta thalassemia trait?

Query: Hi doctor, I have beta thalassemia plus trait (AT+) and want to marry a man with sickle trait (AS). Please see the attached file of my beta thalassemia DNA genetics. Please give me the possibilities of our baby. I know there is a 25 % chance that the baby might have sickle beta plus thalassemia (ST...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Thalassemia and sickle cell anemia are autosomal recessive disorders. In your case, the child can be thalassemia sickle cell carrier (heterozygous). The presentation will be mild to moderate...  Read Full

Ask a Hematologist Now