Q. What can be done when blood occurs in semen after having unprotected sex?

Dr. Devendra

What to do when we find blood in our semen? There was a blood clot in my semen when I ejaculated during unprotected sex, but I have had unprotected sex regularly. The next day I masturbated to see if I still have it and this time blood was mixed in the semen. Although, it does not hurt and when I urinate it does not burn. I sometimes forget to drink water, but I still drink enough. Should I take a hepatitis shot or urinalysis? Do I have STD? Should I be concerned or will it go away? This happened to me before two years ago but it subsided.

#

Blood in semen with no other symptoms is very likely idiopathic or no pathology. After a period of abstinence sometimes aggressive frequent sexual activity leads to hematospermia. Majority of times it is self-limiting. Unprotected sexual intercourse will not give rise to this (rather it causes urethritis). Seminal vesicle can occasionally be infected from the blood. Just once examination by surgeon or urologist to feel seminal vesicle per rectum is preferred. For the present episode, wait for some time that it will resolve on its own.

|