Q. I have STD. Please give your suggestion on it.

Answered by
Dr. Shaunak Patel
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 08, 2019

Hello doctor,

I am a 26-year-old male. I have an STD infection in the genital area. I want to know about it? Please suggest.



Welcome to

Glad you came out frankly and expressed your concern. You could post me your picture on the follow-up, upon which I can tell you the remedy. Also, write me a full detailed account of the nature of past sexual encounters before the problem. Make a special mention to the kind of contraception either of the partners was using and any mishaps during sex. You can upload your pictures right here on this portal as many of my patients do. It is only after clear detailed pictures I will be able to solve your query.

Thank you doctor,

I had sex with a lady and after three days my penis gets pain a lot in the night. After one week I checked in a hospital, they give me antibiotics, but no relief. After that I consulted a doctor, he told me that I have fungal and give me tablet AF-150 for one week and Clocip cream but no relief. I have done my HSV 1 and HSV 2 test, VRDL, and HIV tests and got negative. Now one year has gone and I still have a little pain inside my urine pipe when I go to the toilet, and on my dip of penis, a red dot appeared. On applying Candid cream the red dot fade away and when I stop the cream the red dot appears again. When I had sex with that lady, after three days inside the fore skin a little yellow pimple appears inside the penis and it pains a lot. I cannot sleep at the night. I have sent you the picture. Please help.



Welcome back to

In my professional opinion, it is herpes genitalis or simply herpes infection of the penis. It can be a very painful condition as you say. It spreads through microscopic gaps in the skin of genitals while having intercourse with somebody already affected. The good part is it will go away with the treatment but can recur in case you have unprotected intercourse with somebody already infected or infected recently. Refrain from unprotected sex with anybody from now on. Even with your girlfriend or any female partner as you can transmit it to her. Do not worry it is not that dangerous and if you take precautions you can protect your near and dear ones from it. Follow the instructions.

1) No sex whatsoever till I say after viewing your post-treatment pictures (around three to four weeks time).

2) Start your medications right away. Tablet Famtrex (Famciclovir) 250 mg three times a day before meals for 10 days. Acivir (Aciclovir) cream to be applied on the area four to five times a day. Emotrip (Amitriptyline) 12.5 mg at night before bedtime for 10 days. Neurobion forte twice daily for 15 days.

3) No direct rubbing with soap. It will cause more burning.

Since herpes is a disease of the nerves it will burn and itch initially but do not be tempted into scratching the crusts when they form. Let them dry up and fall off naturally. Change your underwear every day. Clean the area well. If you are starting my treatment continue it till I say so. Do not stop in between or switch over to other means of self medications.

Regarding follow up:

review with photographs exactly after 10 days of commencing the treatment. It is very important to decide further treatment.

Thank you doctor,

After one year of the infection I had sex with my girl friend too then she too needs treatment? And tablet Famtrex and Aciclovir are both the same?



Welcome back to

Since your girl friend has not been complaining of similar symptoms it is fine, but that does not mean that she is safe from the virus. The virus could be inside her but due to her immunity, she could be saved. Any risky behavior from either of you could place you and her in danger of reactivating the infection which has been hiding in the nerves. Hence we tag her a dormant case of herpes genitalis. Suppose the next time if she experiences anything similar to what you have been experiencing contact me, we will put her on suppressive therapy so that it is no longer problematic for her. She has to stay alert during her pregnancy for any recurrences as immunity drops then. But that is way in future but certainly should be kept in mind.

Famtrex is Famciclovir and Acivir is Aciclovir. One is cream and another is a tablet. Acyclovir is very weak as a tablet hence the more powerful Famciclovir is prescribed.

I hope this helps.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Will I get STD just by a touch?

If you find any of these you can start taking medicines even without testing as the antibiotics are almost harmless and extremely safe to use ...   Read full

Can you get STD if your partner has never had sex before?

.. you had sex with someone who has never had sex with anyone else before you then you cannot get an STD. STDs are only transmitted from an infected sexual partner. So, if it is the first time sex for someone then obviously that person has never been...   Read full

Herpes - a Common STD

.. have discussed the clinical presentation and treatment of herpes .. ...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Monkeypox Virus - Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, Complications, and Prevention
Monkeypox is a zoonotic viral disease. This virus got its name as it was first noticed in laboratory monkeys in the late...  Read more»
Tomato Fever - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Tomato fever is an unidentified and fast-spreading type of viral infection seen in young children. Scroll down to know m...  Read more»
Histrionic Personality Disorder - Causes, Signs, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
Histrionic personality disorder causes variations in the thinking ability of a person. Read this article to know more.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Venereologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.