STD, otherwise called sexually transmitted diseases, are infectious diseases that are transmitted through unprotected sexual intercourse. STDs can be transmitted through unprotected vaginal, anal, or oral sex with a person who is already infected. The common diseases are chlamydia, HPV infection, syphilis, gonorrhea, and HIV.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have redness and swelling underneath my bottom lip after oral sex. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 22-year-old female. I generally have good health, but I was diagnosed with herpes simplex when I was 17. I never had any cold sores on my face, but recently I have seen not a rash but redness and swelling underneath my bottom lip. I do not have a primary doctor, and I cannot get ...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Thank you for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from a swollen and reddish lower lip. You had a history of herpes simplex infection when you were 17 years old. According to the pictures (attachment removed to...  Read Full »

Why do I have sore throat, tiredness, heavy mucus, sore, and headache after a sexual contact?

Query: Hi doctor, I messed up with this man, and he said he was clean. We messed around five days ago, and we kissed each other. He sucked my vagina, fingered me, and dry humped me. That was all we did. He never penetrated me, and he never ejaculated. But today, I woke up with a sore throat, tiredness, he...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar Choudhary

Answer: Hi, Welcome back to Thanks for using icliniq. I read your query and understand your concerns. As per the available description, I can assure you that this cannot be HIV as the rapid development of symptoms is very uncommon in HIV infection. It takes at least two weeks to develop some sy...  Read Full »

Could I have STD as my wife got a bladder infection after sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I want to check whether I have an STD. I have had a sexual encounter with a massage therapist. She performed unprotected oral sex with me. I have done some tests for chlamydia and gonorrhea. Both of the results came back negative. After that, I did a urine analysis, and it was negative. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Hi, and thank you very much for consulting icliniq. I think your wife might have a fungal infection which is common between wife and husband. It cannot be detected by STD (sexually transmitted diseases) screening symptoms like discomfort, cheesy white discharge like...  Read Full »

I got symptomless red spots on my penis head after sex while my wife was menstruatingder. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I noticed red spots on my penis head two weeks ago. I assume that it is some reaction after sex. During intercourse, my wife was at the end of her menstruation, and there was some blood left. My red spots appeared only after sex. They do not itch or have any other symptoms, but they a...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to The red spots seem to be normal. There is no need to worry as long as they do not pain, itch, and not raised above the skin. It would help if you sent a picture. Regards.  Read Full »

Will symptoms of STD worsen on taking antibiotics?

Query: Hi doctor,I think I have an STD, so I answered some questions on a medication website and was prescribed antibiotics. I have been taking them for two days now, and I feel like it is getting worse. I had intercourse approximately four weeks ago with someone with a yeast infection. I did not find out ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bn Bhagat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Infections like N.gonorrhoea (Neisseria gonorrhoeae) and chlamydia can get easily transmitted with oral sex and sex without a condom. Symptoms of the above infections are pus-like discharge, burning sensation during urination, swelling or redness at the openin...  Read Full »

Do I need a PAP smear if I have a long-term homosexual relationship?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old female in a long-term relationship with a girl. We have both never been in a relationship with anyone else nor had any sexual activity with other people of either gender before. Do I need to get my Pap smear test done? I have recently been to my gynecologist and was...  Read Full »

Dr. R Balakrishnan Menon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to How are you doing? I do not see any reason for you to get the test done. Let me explain why. Pap smear or Papanicolaou smear is taken from the outer and inner surface of the cervix called ectocervical and endocervical area respectively. When your cervix, especiall...  Read Full »

Why are the white spots on my lips and the tip of the penis spreading to other parts of the body?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had white spots on my lips and the tip of my penis for the past two months, now they are spreading to other sites also. I am having pain in my penis with a burning sensation during urination. I currently use Fucidin cream, Flucloxacillin, and Nystagmus oral suspension. I recovere...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hi, Welcome back to Thank you for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from white spots on the lips and tip of the penis that are spreading. According to the pictures provided here, you may suffer from Fordyce spots...  Read Full »

Could my penile bump be a wart if I had unprotected sex with two sexual partners?

Query: Hello doctor, I noticed a bump on my penis today. I am trying to determine if it is related to STD. I did not have any past episodes of such penile bumps. I masturbate four times a week, and I had unprotected sex with two sexual partners last year. Could it be a wart? Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. N Ashok Viswanath

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I acknowledge your query and the images attached with this query (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). The images do not look like a human papillomavirus wart or any other sexually transmitted infection. It seems like a benign self-limi...  Read Full »

Can a genital skin tag be an HPV infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I noticed a skin tag, and I am not sure of what it is. The skin tag is not itchy or painful, but they are raised. I do not take any medications for this. I am scared about an HPV infection. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hello,Welcome to understand your concern, and I will surely help you.I have seen all the images shared by you (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). It does not look like genital warts. As you are not experiencing itchiness and burning sensation, I guess it to be a ...  Read Full »

I have small red and white painless spots on my foreskin. What is the cause?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a personal question regarding my foreskin. There are small round red and white painless spots there, and it does not cause any pain whatsoever. I wanted to know is it something I should be worried about?  Read Full »

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Please send clear photos of lesions and details for clarification. Please send the following details. How long are you having these spots? Is there any intercourse history? If yes, then please give your partner's history. Do you have symptoms like pain, itching, etc.? Do...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.