Std

Can you get STD from bedsheets?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently had a pap smear done. The bed on which I lay had a stain, which I am assuming was, from the person before me. The doctor had to put a finger inside my vagina to check my ovaries. So, if she mistakenly touched the stain, before inserting her finger into my vagina, am I at a...  Read Full »

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need not worry. Doctors never touch anything with gloved hands before touching you. And, even if she did touch the stain, it is less likely that you will get an STD (sexually transmitted disease). For more information consult an internal medicine physician online...  Read Full »

I need some education on STD. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I need some education on STD. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Kiran Anaparthi

Family Physician, HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please let me know what you need to know about STD.  Read Full »

Can a boil on the groin be STD?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male. My height is 165 cm and weight is 78 kg. I had a whitehead boil kind of thing in the pubic region for around three to four months. But, there was no pain on touching or pressing. Now very recently, I got four more similar things at the end of penis near the junct...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and viewed the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and do understand your concern.  Read Full »

I have white vaginal discharge with burning sensation during urination. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old and just had unprotected sexual intercourse with someone. This will be the second man I have had intercourse with. The intercourse began about a week ago and I am having burning urination and what seems to be white specs in my vaginal area. I am scared that I might h...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture attached and it indicates that you could have contracted vaginal candidiasis infection from your partner which is a fungal infection (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Ideally, this shall require a course anti-fungal vaginal pessa...  Read Full »

Why is Triamcinolone not treating a rash on the penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a rash on the head of my penis for around two months. They are purplish, sore and tender to touch. I have seen my primary care doctor and he was not sure about the condition and gave me Triamcinolone acetonide cream over two weeks ago. It has not helped. I was also tested recently...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The condition you are suffering is not STD (sexually transmitted disease) for sure because none of the STD is present like this. There are three most common probability of your problem. Penile Lichen planus: It present in a similar manner with purplish color, itchin...  Read Full »

Is there any chance of oral HPV transmission via kissing?

Query: Hello doctor, Four months ago, I had an encounter with a CSW. During that time, I kissed her mouth, boobs, and the outer lips of the vagina (not vagina). I had taken tests for HIV, HBsAg, HSV, after three months and all those came negative. During that time, I had taken a normal urine test for UTI....  Read Full »

Dr. Sangeeth Kumar

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You said you did your HIV test three months after sexual exposure. So, it is very unlikely that you got infected. Secondly, the likelihood of getting gonorrhea and other infections which you mentioned are very unlikely after three months. If you had developed gonorrh...  Read Full »

Can lymph node swelling below ear after sex be due to STD?

Query: Hello doctor, I had sex with a friend and have a swelling on my lymph node under my ear when asked he said he has genital herpes. I wanted to be sure if I have any sort of STD. Please tell me what are the tests I have to go through to be sure.  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually, the blood test for herpes becomes positive only after 2 to 3 weeks because antibodies in the body take time to give you positive results otherwise false-negative results can occur (antibodies test for HSV1 and HSV2). Herpes infections can be diagnosed by lookin...  Read Full »

I have antibodies for herpes type 1 but not infected with the virus, exposed. Does this mean I am infected?

Query: Hello doctor, I made an STD test, and the doctor said that I have antibodies for herpes type 1 but not infected with the virus, exposed. Does this mean I am infected, and will these antibodies transferred to my partner or will disappear with time? I have attached the report. For mycoplasma, it is a...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Sexologist, Diabetologist, Andrologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The report says you have already infected with herpes. Did you have any unprotected sex with anyone? There are chances you can have an outbreak - symptoms of herpes. During the outbreak, if you have sexual contact, you can infect your partner. Once herpes is positive, ...  Read Full »

I am having a few genital warts, for which I tried some home remedies. How to get rid off it?

Query: Hello doctor, I believe I am having a few genital warts, for which I tried some home remedies as well as wart freeze away recently. Why there is redness around them? What are the possible ways to get rid of it?  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, those are genital warts (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is an STD caused by HPV infection. Surrounding redness is perhaps due to irritation to the home remedies that you have used. If I were the treating doctor, I would suggest either electr...  Read Full »

What causes a white film on the penis?

Query: Hi, I am a 32 year old male. I can observe a white layer on my penis head just beneath the foreskin.  This layer gets removed after washing, but appears again. Is this any sexually transmitted disease?  Read Full »

Dr. Syam Kumar Chandrasekharan

Fitness Expert, Naturopathy Specialist, Nutritionist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually, there will be a white creamy layer on glans penis (rounded head of the penis), when you pull your foreskin down. It is nothing but smegma - a combination of shed epithelial cells, oily secretion from glans penis and moisture. If there is no pain, ...  Read Full »