Q. Is there a chance of HIV transmission when condom has moved during vaginal sex?

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I am worried when I use a condom and when condom in vaginal sex a little bit goes up and down on penis, and vaginal fluid is on end of the penis, end of the penis (cca 2 cm) is not always covered with condom then I am in panic and ask my self can I be infected in this way and should be tested on HIV? And I ask my self for vaginal fluid he has at all enough strength to affect a healthy man without sti?

I knew it is hard to get HIV in unprotected vaginal sex 0.01 % to 0.03 %, but still, I am worried, and I cannot relax and enjoy in protected sex. Please, can you help me and maybe encouraged me.

Do you have a question on Protected Sex or Condoms?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

MBBS., DGO., PHD (HIV MEDICINE
HIV/AIDS Specialist

The virus can not permeate through the intact condom. The amount of protection given by barrier contraceptive (condom) is not only​ for HIV but also for other sexually transmitted infections. Research has ample evidence to suggest that condom forms a valuable part of HIV prevention.Only certain body fluids like blood, semen, pre-seminal fluid, rectal fluids, vaginal fluid, and breast milk from a person who has HIV can transmit it (CDC).

When there is unprotected sexual intercourse, the virus enters through cuts and sores or directly through mucous membranes​. Mucous membranes are found inside the rectum, vaginal, penis, and mouth. Your risk of contracting HIV when consistently and correctively using a condom, and it did not break while sex, is non-existent. So, relax and enjoy your protected sex. Another thing, there is no harm in knowing your HIV test, for this, you can get HIV rapid test at an accredited lab. I hope my answer could decrease your anxiety but do revert if you have any more question.

Also Read Answers From: Protected Sex Condoms

Will using two condoms during sex prevent transmission of HIV?
Query: Hi doctor, I had sex four months back with using two condoms at a time and later I realized that using two condoms at a time is not safe. So, I have taken HIV tridot test two months back and fourth generation test last month and again tridot test this month. All are negative. So should I need to te...  Read Full »
Dr. Hitesh Sharma
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will try to solve your query so that all your doubts are cleared. First, to get infected with HIV first your partner needs to be HIV positive. The chances of your partner being HIV positive depends on the type of partner. If your partner is a commercial sex worker th...  Read Full »

I had protected sex with two female partners. Am I infected with HIV?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old male, and I had sex with two female partners, three months back. I had vaginal and oral sex. The intercourse lasted for about five minutes, twice with each partner. I had a condom on throughout the time. Starting a week or so later, I had a pimple-like bump at the edge ...  Read Full »
Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The answers to your queries are as follows: If you had sex with a latex condom, used properly, separate for each act, separate for both the partners and it did not break or slip, then it was a protected act. It not only prevents HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) but ...  Read Full »

After having protected sex, I bled very less during my period. Can I be pregnant?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20 year old girl. Last month on 22nd, I had protected sex. And on 28th, I got two or three drops of bleeding, and it was my date of periods. After that, I did not get any periods. Am I pregnant?  Read Full »
Dr. Gowrimeena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have said, it looks like you are not ready for a pregnancy. As the bleeding on 28th was not like a normal period, pregnancy chance is very much possible. It may just be a delayed period, due to the stress and tension you are having. But we need to check. P...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now