Q. There is blood in stools and it hurts while wiping. Please help.

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

My fiance is having blood in his stool. It is bright red also. He said it hurts while wiping a little. He has had it more than twice a month. His stool is solid and very dark brown. Also, said the blood in the toilet was very noticeable and that when he wiped the toilet paper looked like when you get a bloody nose. Has been having a few stomach aches also.

#

I have gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concern. Presence of blood in the stool and dark-colored stools indicate that some active bleeding is going on in the proximal part of the gastrointestinal tract. The blood gets digested in the intestine and comes out through the rectum in the form of dark colored stools. I suggest you consult a gastroenterologist as early as possible. He may need endoscopy and colonoscopy to find out the source of bleeding. If he is taking alcohol, tell him to stop it.

Bleeding in the upper G.I. bleed.

Endoscopy and colonoscopy.

| 

Is bleeding around anus typical in outside hemorrhoids?

Query: Hello doctor, I have bleeding around the anus when whipping caused by hemorrhoids. Is this typical for outside hemorrhoids? I have hemorrhoid for five days now, just started bleeding last night. I take hot baths every night with Epsom salts.  Read Full »

Is 'bleeding 12 days after a pill' due to regular period or a withdrawal bleed?

Query: Hello doctor, A 25 year old girl with a known complaint of PCOD since a month had unprotected intercourse on the 18th of last month. It was her 14th day of menses. She took Unwanted-72 within one hour of the act. She had bleeding on the 30th. The bleeding lasted for three days. Now, the question ...  Read Full »

What are the causes of constipation and blood in stools?

Query: Hello doctor, I had diarrhea two years back, and since then I had gastrointestinal problems. But, I never had mucous or blood in the stools, so I thought it is because of IBS and did not take any medication. My stool test reports showed no signs of parasites or any other organisms in the stools. Lat...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask a General Practitioner Now