Q. What leads to blood with loose stool?

I have blood coming in loose stool for the past one year but I do not feel any pain. What is the reason?

Hematology Pathology
#

Blood in stool is not a normal condition as you are having the problem for one year. It should be investigated in detail and the following work-up will be useful. Rectal, anal area examination, stool routine microscopic examination, proctoscopy examination, colonoscopy, if needed. If needed during colonoscopy, biopsy taken from the abnormal area if found for histopathology examination.

This work-up will be helpful to rule out causes for blood in stool like a polyp, proctitis, piles, colitis, diverticulitis, any growth, if present, etc. If the color of blood in stool is of brown-red color than bleeding is from the upper gastrointestinal tract. If colour is bright red then the cause for bleeding is from the lower gastrointestinal tract. So, from your provided history, this work-up should be done and above causes should be ruled out. One diagnosis cannot be given. Consult general surgeon or gastroenterologist for examination and above work up and according to cause identified further treatment plan can be decided.

|