Q. Please suggest treatment for hematuria.

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 28, 2017 and last reviewed on: May 14, 2021

I am a 76 year old male. I have hematuria for the past two months. My prostate was normal in the USG report and the culture report did not show any growth of microorganisms. I took Levofloxacin for 10 days, but now my doctor prescribed Tranexamic 500 IV. I am also suffering from a lumbar problem and currently taking the following medicines. Cilacar 10 mg, Amoxy Plus, and Repace 50 mg. Please suggest treatment for my problem.

#

• Hematuria has to be taken seriously. If ultrasonography is normal, then I suggest you go for a CT scan and urine cytology. If these are also negative, then a cystoscopy should be done.
  • The usual cause of blood in urine is a prostate problem. So, if no other cause is found, then the treatment of prostate depends on the severity, recurrence of bleeding, other symptoms, and uroflow result.

For further queries consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|