Q. My blood pressure is up to 197/100. My doctor keeps giving me Bystolic. Is that safe?

Dr. Rohit Jain
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 18, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

Hello Doctor, My blood pressure is up to 197/100 mmHg. My doctor keeps giving me tablet Bystolic and asked to take it for 10 days. Is that safe? I am a 53 year old male, usually great health.

#

• Your blood pressure is very high.
  • Given your age, you are very susceptible to paralytic attacks and heart attacks and you should not ignore it at all. 
  • Tablet Nebivolol (Bystolic) is not enough to control your blood pressure.
  • You need to get some basic tests done to rule out any secondary cause and then if nothing comes out, you can be started on better medications. 
  • Your target BP should not be more than 130/90 mmHg.

Revert back to a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|