Q. Which medicine can be taken to lower BP?

Published on Mar 30, 2019

I have high BP from last night 160/110 but I am not feeling anything wrong. I am 60 years. I have taken Amlodipine 5 mg one tablet last night but I have a sleepless night. Should l take the same medicine 10 mg now?

Hematology Pathology
#

Your blood pressure is high considering your age. Although you are asymptomatic you need to control blood pressure to avoid complications related to high blood pressure. If Amlodipine 5 mg cannot able to control blood pressure than combination antihypertensive medication or high dose of Amlodipine can be prescribed. For getting prescription, you need to consult a nearby physician.

Is it true that body might get habitual to antihypertensive drugs?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is taking Telma AM 80/5. How can it be gradually lowered to AM 40/5? Please advice.  Read Full »

Are these medicines sufficient to control hypertension?

Query: Hi doctor, For controlling my hypertension, I was prescribed Benicar 40/12.5 mg once in the morning, Amlodipine 5 mg twice a day and Clonidine once in the evening. These were prescribed after ECG and blood work. Even, after taking the medication, my BP is usually 160/85 mmHg. What to do further...  Read Full »

My blood pressure is up to 197/100. My doctor keeps giving me Bystolic. Is that safe?

Query: Hello Doctor, My blood pressure is up to 197/100 mmHg. My doctor keeps giving me tablet Bystolic and asked to take it for 10 days. Is that safe? I am a 53 year old male, usually great health.  Read Full »