Q. Is there any serious problem in my blood test report?

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 27, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 02, 2021

I am a male, who weighs 49 kg and I am 5.6 feet tall. I got my blood test done, and the report showed that my TLC is 5800, neutrophils is 80, lymphocytes are 17, monocytes is 2, hemoglobin is 9.1 g/dL, PCV is 27, total RBC is 3.8, and platelets is 2.3 lakhs. Is there any serious problem?

#

• According to the history provided, the neutrophils count is slightly high, and hemoglobin level is low.
  • Low hemoglobin can be from nutritional anemia, which includes iron-deficiency anemia as well. So, get your serum ferritin and TIBC (total iron binding capacity) tested.
  • If the tests show that you have iron deficiency anemia, then consult your doctor and start taking Ferrous sulfate tablets.
  • Neutrophil can be raised due to inflammation and infection or can be physiological. Hence, clinical correlation is needed for that, if you have any symptoms then mention it in the next query.

Consult a physician for examination, while keeping all this in mind.

For more information consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

|