Blood Disorder

Is JAK2 mutation a life-threatening condition?

Query: Hi doctor, I understand that JAK2 myeloproliferative or myelodysplastic overlap disorder is life-threatening if it turns into an acute transformation. However, in your opinion, is the condition generally considered life-threatening when there has not yet been a severe transformation? That is when i...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. JAK2 mutations are severe conditions if they undergo an acute transformation. It means the cells in our body, especially the precursors of our blood cells (red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets), start proliferating suddenly ...  Read Full »

What causes frequent nose bleeds and patches of blood spots?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a few things and I am worried about that. I feel it could be connected. Firstly, I keep getting patches of blood spots on my body. They are not of huge in size, but still noticeable. I am also getting frequent nose bleeds for no apparent reason. I hardly ever got them before. A...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The constellation of symptoms that you shared with us today are concerning for multiple conditions. The fact that you are having easy bruising and nose bleeding indicates that there might be deficiency of coagulation factors and or low platelet counts. The fatigue can be...  Read Full »

Is there a chance of passing of hemoglobin D trait from parent to children?

Query: Hello doctor, I have haemoglobin D traits. What can I do, so that my child does not have that problem? I have done abnormal stuudies of HPCL.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. I have checked the attached report. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is suggestive of Hb D (hemoglobin D) trait. It can get transmitted in your future child if you have that problem. You cannot prevent trait transmission. In fact HB D trait ...  Read Full »

What is the normal life expectancy in alpha thalssemia Hb-CS mutation?

Query: Hello doctor, The attached PDF are the results from CBC tests and Hb electrophoresis of a girl baby. The first CBC was done in one month, and the following CBC and Hb electrophoresis tests were done in two years of age. The tests seem to indicate that the girl is (at least) a carrier of the alpha t...  Read Full »

Dr. Smrita Singh

Pathologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hemoglobin constant spring is non-deletional alpha thalassemia. This abnormal hemoglobin results from point mutation at the stop codon of the α2-globin gene (TAA > CAA) which leads to the addition of 31 amino acids to a normal α-globin sequence. The h...  Read Full »

Is blood disorder the reason for not having periods and exterme fatigue?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19-year-old female. I am always fatigued. I have not got my periods for around eight months now. I went to my gynecologist and done a lot of blood tests. She also gave me Provera to trigger my period but still, I did not get it. Several blood test results were abnormal. I have...  Read Full »

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are not having four different blood disorders as shown in your reports but they come under thrombochek panel where there is a defect in coagulation of blood. It is an autoimmune disord...  Read Full »

Is there any serious problem in my blood test report?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a male, who weighs 49 kg and I am 5.6 feet tall. I got my blood test done, and the report showed that my TLC is 5800, neutrophils is 80, lymphocytes are 17, monocytes is 2, hemoglobin is 9.1 g/dL, PCV is 27, total RBC is 3.8, and platelets is 2.3 lakhs. Is there any serious probl...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the history provided, the neutrophils count is slightly high, and hemoglobin level is low. Low hemoglobin can be from nutritional anemia, which includes iron-deficiency anemia as well. So, get your serum ferritin and TIBC (total iron binding capacity) tested...  Read Full »

What should I do to improve my 2 months old baby's health condition?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 2 months old. He is suffering from omphalitis, which appeared after 24 hours of birth. He had artificial respiration thrice. He was in the ICU for one month. Also, he had a kidney function disorder and blood breaks. He went through blood and blood platelet transfusion. After di...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears that he had a lung infection called as pneumonia, which led to an infection in the blood, low oxygen in the blood and low blood pressure. Because of this there is decreased blood supply to brain and brain damage leading to cerebral atrophy. His initial reports ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for hematoma?

Query: Hi doctor,Before five months, I had surgery for thigh hematoma. Now, the same problem started again. It is increasing in size and painful. Also, there is swelling. Please see the photo attached here.  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hematomas are solved conservatively and only in severe cases when they give compression of an organ are resolved surgically. This is not a big one (attachment removed to protect patient identity). First, you have to find out the cause of hematoma if it is not trauma. I...  Read Full »