Q. Please explain my health checkup report.

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 05, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 06, 2019

I need to consult latest health checkup report and get recommended guidance and medication.

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

#

Good to inform, your sugars are very good and you do not have any evidence of diabetes (attachment removed to protect patient identity). After thoroughly going through the list of investigations, that signify increased LDL, cholesterol, low calcium and insufficient vitamin D, I would like to enquire any history of chest pain, breathlessness, dizziness, brief loss of consciousness, palpitations. History of cardiac disease in your family? History of hypertension, asthma, hypothyroidism in you, your medication history, if any. Any significant information that had urged you to consult a doctor in the recent past?

I would prescribe you tablet Rosuvastatin 20 mg once at bed time, Arachitol 60K oral solution once a week for eight weeks, tablet Rozycal or any calcium preparation once a day two hours before or after food, tablet Folvite 5 mg once a day. Green leafy vegetables, milk and its products especially curd. Repeat lipid profile and vitamin D after 12 weeks. Get back to me with a detailed history.

| 

What can be done for low vitamin D, B12 and iron levels?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother got full body check up. Please check the report and guide us. Her vitamin D, B12, iron are less and it is showing alert in blood test. She has weakness, body swelling in summer, pain in leg, and tiredness.  Read Full »

What to do for low Vitamin D levels?

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday I took blood tests for hemogram, fasting sugar, and vitamin D. My vitamin D is too low. It is lower than 3. I have tiredness and joint pain too. Please suggest some medicines and diets.  Read Full »

Can a childhood shoulder fracture cause pain after growing up?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from pain in my right shoulder, hip, knee, foot and lower back. I have a bunion on my right foot. I sometimes feel that my hip is not in place and if moved wrong it will result in knee pain. I broke my collar bone as a child and I am not sure if that would be causing any sh...  Read Full »