Q. Do arterioles and capillaries feel pain?

Dr. Vivek Chail
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 04, 2020

Does MRA show arterioles? Does CTA show small vessels? Can SPECT tell microvasculitis from vasospasm in microvessel? Do arterioles and capillaries feel pain?

#

I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below.

• A machine having high power magnet might be able to show arterioles in MRA (magnetic resonance angiography).
  • A CTA (Computed tomography angiography) might show small vessels but not exactly arterioles.
  • Pain is a sensation that is understood by the brain and it can have a source in arterioles and capillaries.

For further information consult an interventional radiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/interventional-radiologist

| 

Is my angiography report normal?

Query: Hi doctor, One year ago, I had chest pain. I thought that it is may be due to some excessive spicy food I took the last night and also I did not sleep till late due to some work. So, I just ignored it and left for my work. That day, I had to go somewhere driving myself and I thought it as just a min...  Read Full »

If I do not wear spectacles for an hour,will it increase my eye power?

Query: Hello Doctor, If I do not wear spectacles for an hour everyday, will it increase my eye power or damage my eyes?  Read Full »

What the Numbers on Your Spectacle Prescription Indicate

Article Overview: The recent trend of an increase in near-vision work, be it on the Android phone, laptops or on paper has caused us to see the number of myopic patients go upward. This shocking trend can be seen by as much as 50 % of the students in higher primary to pre-university being prescribed glasses for low to moderate myopia.  Read Article

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

This article has been written with an aim to shed light on the various measurements and their meanings in practical terms to the average spectacle wearer, so that the next time s/he is in an optical shop, they will have some knowledge and a basic understanding of their condition. The very essential...  Read Article

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask an Interventional Radiologist Now