Q. I am worried about blurred vision after firework injury. Please help.

Dr. David J Mathew
Published on Nov 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I met with a firework injury. A small cracker burst a little away and hit my eye. A few debris got into my eyes with a little force. There is no redness, but my vision is a little blurred. I am doing cold compress and have bought Eye Spa eye drops. My concern is the blurred vision. Please help

Dr. David J Mathew

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

From what you have described, you have decreased vision after getting hit with firecracker debris.

• One possibility is that you may have some debris in your eyes still and in that case, you will most probably have irritation.
  • The trauma may also have caused a reaction in the eye (uveitis), which can cause pain on looking at the light and blurred vision.
  • For now, I suggest an antibiotic eye drop like Moxifloxacin once in every three hours. Meet your ophthalmologist for physical examination and take the treatment with consent.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

My eyes are paining as I slept with contact lenses. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor,I am using contact lenses daily. But yesterday, I slept with it in my eyes. When I woke up, my eyes were red and itching. It is painful, and water is coming out continuously from my eyes. Please help.  Read Full »

My daughter poked me in the eye and I have pain and redness. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter, by chance, poked her finger in my eye and I got a redness on my left eye, in the white portion. I had little pain for ten minutes and now it is better. I put refresh tears in my eyes as they are otherwise always red due to dry eyes. Can I use the same or do you suggest ...  Read Full »

I got conjunctivitis 7 days back.I had red eye with eyelid swelling.Now redness is gone but blurring is present.What do I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I got conjunctivitis 7 days back. I had red eye with eyelid swelling.  I used Moxifloxacin hydrochloride from the very first day, every 2 hours. Then I started Fluorometholone 4 times a day and Cyclosporine 3 times a day. And now from 2 days I got blurred eye. Redness is gone...  Read Full »