Blurred Vision

What causes sudden blurred vision and light sensitivity?

Query: Hi doctor, Around six years ago, I used 0.50 power spectacles for sudden blurred near vision. The same thing happened yesterday. Again, I am feeling sensitivity to light now. There is no pain, fever or eye itching.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Photophobia or light sensitivity and blurring of near vision could indicate one of the following conditions: Dry eyes. Computer vision syndrome. Uveitis or intraocular inflammation. Ocular migraine. Idiopathic or unknown cause. While first two are benign conditions and re...  Read Full »

Why do I have sudden blurry vision in the left eye?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 44 year old female. Two weeks ago, I suddenly developed a blurry vision in the left eye. I have no pain and I never had any eye problems. I do not have anyone in the family who had this. I see no black or gray spots. I still see all the colors, but distorted. I went to the doct...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Firstly, I would like to know the refractive error of your left eye and secondly, I request you to attach an image of the angiography of the last frame taken at five minutes. After seeing th...  Read Full »

There is a lump inside my eyelid with blurring. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I discovered a tiny lump on the inside of my upper eyelid quite a long time ago. However, I had no pain or anything. Lately, I have been having bad headaches, today I got a shooting pain in the eye and since then, it has been a little blurred just at the top where the lump is. I have ...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems a small marginal chalazion. A chalazion is a swelling formed due to blockage of lipid producing glands in eyelids. The good thing is mostly these are painless (except when it gets infected). In most cases, it resolves spontaneously. Sometimes, these may require...  Read Full »

Are blurred vision and numbness of arm and face an emergency?

Query: Hello doctor, My 13 year old daughter complained late yesterday afternoon of a really bad headache and blurred vision with numbness in her arm. I gave her Ibuprofen, she then vomited not long after and said she felt better. This morning she woke saying that it was even worse. So, I took her to the l...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Internal Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am afraid to say that the clinical history of your daughter appears to be more than just viral sinusitis. Viral sinusitis is probably an incidental finding. Abrupt onset of headache, blurring of vision, difficulty in speaking, and numbness in face and arm is very cha...  Read Full »

What does positive Hoffman's sign mean?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old male. I was previously diagnosed with essential tremor, for which I have been taking Propanolol 160 mg for six years. My current symptoms are constant tingling, soreness, and restlessness of the legs. I get spasms in the legs as well as arms. My right eye goes blur...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are not easily explained by one problem. A positive Babinski and Hoffman sign indicates that you might be having some spinal cord lesion. But slurring of speech and blurring of eye signify a brain lesion. Intermittent drooping of one eye may point towards...  Read Full »

Why do I have a heavy feeling in my head?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. My BP and sugar levels are normal. For the last two months, I am facing the following problems. My head feels heavy, but I do not have a headache. I feel dizzy and head spinning feeling at the time of walking, uneasy feel in the forehead part, mild eye pain and blurred ...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I like to inform you that having a heavy head for some time is normal and can present due to excessive stress. Although you did not mention anything about your current stress level, in the young age tension ...  Read Full »

I got a hit on my eye and caused swelling, redness, pain and blurred vision. What I should do?

Query: Hello doctor,I got a ball hitted on my eye so my eye got swelling, redness and pain and also my vision is lightly blur. So kindly tell what I should do?   Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a widespread scenario among children. The pain and swelling around your eyes will disappear. I recommend that you use ice packs to help faster recovery. The vision will likely improve in case you have any watering. This will happen spontaneously. I recommend ...  Read Full »

I have blurred vision in my left eye and I am suggested for lasik surgery. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 22 years old and I have blurred vision in my left eye. It started when I was 17-years-old. I also have an allergy in my eyes. I consulted with the doctors, and they suggested lasik surgery for me.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have allergy problems, then you are not an ideal case for any refractive surgery procedure like Lasik (laser-assisted in situ keratomileuses). First of all, the actual cause of blurred vision is needed to be diagnosed, whether it is a refractive error or you n...  Read Full »

Are loss of sharp clarity and blurred vision the symptoms of macular degeneration?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old female. I have been experiencing unusual vision problems. I have lost sharp clarity, and I had an OCT which showed thinning of ganglion cells in my maculas. Other clinical results looked normal. But I am scared that I have damaged my eyes because it seems things are...  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these symptoms, but hopefully, we can get them resolved or attended to. Unfortunately, I cannot assess the OCT because you only attached the doctor's conclusion (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and not the ...  Read Full »

What causes eye irritation and watering?

Query: Hi doctor, When I go to bed, my eyes start watering, mainly the left one. When I get out of my bed and look myself in the mirror, my eyes are red and my eyelids swollen. When I wake up in the morning, I have the same problem of tearing eyes, redness and eyelid swelling. I sleep on the left side, an...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Xanthelasma is nothing to do with your problems. It is due to high cholesterol levels. Your watering problem may be related to previous conjunctivitis attacks. Do you have irritation during watering or blurring of vision after conjunctivitis? This is more common in vir...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.