Blurred Vision

Is glaucoma the only cause of blurred vision with power in eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I might have glaucoma. I have vomiting, loss of consciousness, and blurred vision 6/12 in the right eye and 6/6 in the left eye. All details are in the attached report. I can send photos. I am currently taking medicines for depression.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your attachments. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems like you have posterior uveitis. There is a reaction in vitreous and also inflammation in the retina. However, vomiting and blackouts can be due to neurological deficits. Please g...  Read Full »

What can cause sudden blurred vision?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years old. I have never had any problems with my eyes. I had a perfect vision. But, from yesterday morning I feel blurred vision in my right eye. I am an informatician, so I am in front of a screen every day for almost 10-15 years and I do not have pain in my eyes when I use...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your history. These symptoms indicate dryness of eyes. Symptomatic relief can be obtained by use of artificial tear eye drops. I would suggest to use artificial eye drops like Refresh tears (Carboxymethylcellulose Sodium) one drop 2-3 times a ...  Read Full »

Why could I not able to close my eyelid fully while sleeping?

Query: Hello doctor, Would dry eyes cause cloudy vision with little nonmoving black dots? This is my normal vision and every once in a while I can see perfectly. The eye doctor said everything in the eye looks perfect. I have noticed when I sleep one eyelid does not close all the way but this is the vis...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, dry eyes can cause blurring of vision. As you said you feel your one eye is not closed properly while sleeping, so there is a greater chance of getting cornea dry and can lead to exposure keratopathy. But you have not mentioned any history of stroke or Bell's palsy...  Read Full »

What is the reason for sudden headache, dizziness and vision blackout?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23 years old. At about 1 am I suddenly experienced some symptoms at the same time. Extremely severe headache (worst headache I have ever had), blurred vision, my right eye crossed inwards, darkness in my vision, nausea, extreme dizziness, extremely dilated pupils with slightly di...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going through your detailed and insightful query, I am of the opinion that you had one episode of cluster headache. I like to inform you that cluster headache affects mostly middle-aged men. Its cause is unclear but may relate to a vascular headache disorder o...  Read Full »

Will blurred vision, pain in eyes and swelling in cheek occur due to sinusitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a blurry right eye, pain in eyes and slight swelling on the right cheek for a week. Can this be a sinusitis issue?  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sinusitis complications can result in cellulitis around the eye, pain and decreased vision. Mostly ethmoidal sinusitis can cause this problem. Internal to cheek is maxillary sinus which if infected normally does not cause visual disturbances. However, any maxillary s...  Read Full »

Is exertion likely to cause blurred vision and dizziness in asthmatic patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old male. I have asthma and hypotension. I am below average weight (5'10'', 117 lbs). Over the last few months, any time I exert myself beyond normal. I get really dizzy and my vision blurs and tunnels and my lungs hurt badly until I take my inhaler. About 60 seconds la...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you said you are asthmatic and taking two inhalers. But you suffer exertional dyspnea and fatigue also hypotension and all this is because of hypoxia. Your asthma is not under control. So you need to increase the dose of Fluticasone inhaler or take a combination i...  Read Full »

Why are there blurry vision and pain in the eyelids on using contact lens?

Query: Hello doctor, I have blurry vision in a small section of my right eye, and it keeps moving around. Sometimes, it completely disappears. In addition, I have pain on the inside of my top and bottom eyelids as well as the outer corner of my eye, but I feel the pain only when I blink. This pain is als...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stop wearing contact lenses until the eye is completely normal without redness. Consult an ophthalmologist nearby to check for eyelids and retina for moving things and weak spots (lattice). The moving thing is a floater. It is uncommon in your age unless you are myop...  Read Full »

Is medical attention necessary for eye pain and tears caused by UV light?

Query: Hello doctor, Last night I looked directly at a 55 watt germicidal UV-C light for less than one minute. In the middle of the night, I woke up with severe pain in the eyes and tears and light sensitivity. After one hour much of the pain went away, but I am still very sensitive to light. I went to an...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have sent, I can tell you that you are suffering from a condition called photophthalmia. Its manifestations include corneal abrasions, which are diagnosed with staining. Other manifestations are inflammation and swelling of your eyelids, conjunctiva and...  Read Full »

My OD eye vision is more blurry after placing lens. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a mild irregular cornea OD eye. I was being fitted with a brand new soft lens Flexlens Arc. nine months back. When the lens was placed in my OD eye, it severely burnt my eye. It was red, swollen, painful and tearing. The technician flushed it out but I could not open the eye...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, there could be an infection (conjunctivitis or keratitis), get it examined what it is and start treatment. Stop wearing contact lens until it is healed. Your OD damage have to be confirmed by examination. Vision will be regained gradually when it is healed. Cons...  Read Full »

What causes sudden blurred vision and light sensitivity?

Query: Hi doctor, Around six years ago, I used 0.50 power spectacles for sudden blurred near vision. The same thing happened yesterday. Again, I am feeling sensitivity to light now. There is no pain, fever or eye itching.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Photophobia or light sensitivity and blurring of near vision could indicate one of the following conditions: Dry eyes. Computer vision syndrome. Uveitis or intraocular inflammation. Ocular migraine. Idiopathic or unknown cause. While first two are benign conditions and re...  Read Full »