iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersOphthalmology (Eye Care)uveitisMy daughter poked her finger in my eye, and I got redness on my left eye. Kindly help.

How to treat redness in the eye due to a finger poke?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At September 8, 2017
Reviewed AtJune 3, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

My daughter, by chance, poked her finger in my eye and I got a redness on my left eye, in the white portion. I had little pain for ten minutes and now it is better. I put refresh tears in my eyes as they are otherwise always red due to dry eyes. Can I use the same or do you suggest any other?

Answered by Dr. Vaibhev Mittal


Welcome to icliniq.com.

You may use Acular LS eye (Ketorolac) drops thrice daily as there may be a mild uveitis.For your dry eyes, you may use Refresh tears (Carboxymethylcellulose) as you are using. Having said that, kindly share photos so that I may guide you better. Regards.

Patient's Query

Thank you doctor,

Please find the photo attached.

Answered by Dr. Vaibhev Mittal


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

Thank you for sharing your photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is a mild inflammation. You can use the medicines as suggested earlier. Having said that, it is a provisional diagnosis. Kindly consult your ophthalmologist, discuss with him or her and use the medicines with their consent.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

uveitistraumatic uveitis

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy