The full form of BMI is Body Mass Index. It is the measure of a person's body fat based on the person's height and weight, which applies to both adult men and women. It is calculated by dividing your weight in kilograms with the square of your height in meters and is expressed in the units of kg/m2.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have a breathing problem, sleep apnea, body ache, headache, restlessness during sleep, and body itching. What causes these symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a breathing problem, sleep apnea, body ache, headache, restlessness during sleep, and body itching.  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to The root cause of all your symptoms is your high BMI (body mass index). In general, patients with high BMI will have more fat around the neck which compresses their airways and cause sudden stoppage of breathing and snoring. Because of your poor sleep quality, you will ...  Read Full »

Why are my periods always super irregular?

Query: Hello doctor,I started my period when I was 11. I am now 24. My period has always been super irregular. I can go on for 60 to 75 days with no period. It will be on time for two months, then back to missing two months. I have talked to my doctor multiple times but never really got an answer. I have o...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to You are overweight (BMI is high) for your height. It could be polycystic ovaries. Do you have abnormal hair growth near the chin, on the side of your face, on the abdomen, and around the nipple? I will suggest a few tests. Get it done on day 2 or day 3 of your perio...  Read Full »

My BP is well under control. Can I decrease the dosage of my medicines?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a patient of hypertension and anxiety, taking treatment for the last two years. Presently, my BP is well under control (average BP 115/70) and pulse varies between 75 to 95 BPM. Presently, I am taking Telma CT (80 + 12.5) and Embeta-XR 50 daily & Esnax Plus (Escitalopram + Clo...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Majid Hanif

Answer: Hello, Welcome to If you are taking this medication regularly and the blood pressure and pulse readings are current or latest, then it would not be a good idea to change the medications or dosage of some of them. Your weight (BMI) should also be within healthy limits with no 'centra...  Read Full »

Shall I try lifestyle modification to control BP?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 59 years old. My height is 5'8" and weight is 95 kg. I am not a diabetic or hypertensive. But, I have had anxiety attacks. My recent BP check showed 140/100 mmHg and the two follow up checks showed 160/100 mmHg and 140/100 mmHg. My doctor prescribed my Telma 20. I am also on Thyronor...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Answer: Hi, Welcome to It is good to know that you are aware of lifestyle modification for controlling BP. Medicines are not the only treatment for hypertension. Following lifestyle modifications can be tried. Reduce your weight to BMI (body mass index) less than 25. Decrea...  Read Full »

I am an underweight female, and I am going to get married soon. Will my weight affect my sexual health?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old female; I am 5'7" tall, and I weigh 48 kg which is quite less and it worries me if I am healthy for my sexual life or fertility as I will be getting married next month. I have a normal regular period cycle of 30 to 31 days but sometimes I get heavy periods or clots....  Read Full »

Dr. Arpit Varshney

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have read your concerns in detail and will surely help you out. Being underweight is not going to cause problems in sex life. Your sex life will be healthy. But it can be more beneficial if you try to build up your weight and at least be in the normal BMI (body ma...  Read Full »

Pregnancy tests are negative, but am still having pregnancy symptoms. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old female, who started taking birth control pills eight months back, but I only took it for a week and stopped taking them. In that same week, I had unprotected sex with my fiance, and I had my periods the next day. The next month I got my periods two weeks earlier, and I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Balakrishnan. R

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. I see two problems in your history. Let me tell you the reason and solution. Birth control pills come in a pack of 21 or 21 active plus seven dummy pills, or the single dose of an emergency contraceptive pill. Whichever you take, will suppres...  Read Full »

My fiancee has low sex drive. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, My 29-year-old fiancee has a very low sex drive. Please suggest a remedy.  Read Full »

Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I went through your query. There are many causes of a low sexual drive. Let me mention a few important causes: Compatibility problems: Compatibility problems are one of the most important factors. A couple in a happy relationship does not usually get libido-relat...  Read Full »

I weigh around 140 pounds. Am I overweight?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old, and my weight is 140 pounds. Am I overweight? I work 6 hours a day for 5 days a week. I am always walking and moving around at work. I have tried exercising and only drinking water for a while, and nothing changed. I have gained more weight. Kindly advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to The best method to know if you are overweight is to find out your height in meter square (150 centimeters = 1.5 meters ). Divide your weight by your height in meter square. If the value falls between 18.5 to 24.9, then you are fine, and you are not overweight. Only i...  Read Full »

Why do I get a cough during December, which lasts for three to four months?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old, female. I get cough problem during year end which never goes till next 3 to 4 months. I get a little bit of relaxation by medicine but not completely and again next year I feel the same problem. I have gone for X-ray, etc., and everything was fine.  Read Full »

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Your cough seems related to the weather which gets worse during the winter season. Which city do you live in since some dry arid or polluted cities have high levels of toxins? And what is your BMI (body mass index) or weight and height? That may also cause gastric irritat...  Read Full »

Can low RBC count cause tiredness?

Query: Hello doctor,My RBC count is low.  Read Full »

Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your hematocrit is more than 38, your hemoglobin is 13 and your MCV (mean cell volume) is normal. That means as your Hb (hemoglobin) is maintained at packed cells of 38, you have no abnor...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.