Q. What is wrong in my annual health checkup report?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 26, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 31 year old male. Recently, I have gone for an annual health checkup. Following are the areas which are highlighted as abnormal for which I seek consultation in evaluating it better. I would like to find the root cause for the same along with medication or lifestyle changes, if any, required in my case. I am attaching herewith all the report and highlighting the areas which are mentioned as abnormal in these reports. I request you to please go through all the reports in details and advice.

The reports are CBC - RBC 5.59, PVC 50.1, absolute eosinophils 858.6 and overall comment on CBC is eosinophilia. Vitamin D total (25-OH) 15.6. Chemical examination of feces reaction (pH) – acidic (6.0).  On microscopic examination, undigested particles present and concentration method for ova - no ova detected. Urine examination - blood and proteins traced in chemical examination and on microscopic examination leukocytes (pus cells) or hpf 2-3, red blood cells or hpf - occasional and epithelial cells or hpf 0-1. Lipid profile - total cholesterol serum 252.1, serum triglycerides 171.2, HDL cholesterol direct 50.2, non-HDL cholesterol 201.9, LDL cholesterol 181.8, total cholesterol and HDL cholesterol ratio 5, LDL and HDL ratio 3.6 and VLDL cholesterol 20.1. In USG liver, bright parenchymal echo pattern. In USG spleen, mildly enlarged in size 12.1 cm. In USG abdomen, there is evidence of a small umbilical hernia with omental herniation through an abdominal wall defect measuring 10.8mm. Overall impression Grade I fatty infiltration of liver, mild splenomegaly and small umbilical hernia. My BMI is 31.8 (self-calculated based on height and weight). Please evaluate and give detailed guidance.

#

• For eosinophilia, the most important point is to detect and eliminate allergies and worms if you have symptoms of itchy nose, sneezing, wheezing or breathing issues, rash or abdominal pain. Please let me know if you have any one of these.
  • For low Vitamin D, I suggest 50000 IU vitamin D once a week for 12 weeks. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • For the urine, just repeat it again in 3 months. These results should not be interpreted by one time reading.
  • Regarding cholesterol, I need to know your BP. So that, I can recommend some treatment to you. I saw 130/80 mmHg. Has it always been like this? Or you had higher numbers?
  • The ultrasound findings are suggesting NASH (nonalcoholic steatohepatitis), which is a condition due to deposition of fat in the liver. I would want to do work up for hepatitis B and C and some further testing if you agree? Do you drink alcohol?
  • I would not worry about the umbilical hernia unless it bothers you.

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Please also reply on my USG spleen and feces examination. I had breathing issues for around two to three days in the last month, but it went off on its own. I had abdominal pain as well, thought it would be a stone problem. I had kidney stones earlier, had taken some ayurveda medicines and it was cured. But, it was not there in the recent test. So, I do not know what was the reason, but it went on its own. No, there is no BP issue I have ever observed. Even in stress test doctor who did the test was saying my BP is well below the limits. Please suggest the tests to be done for hepatitis B and C. No, I do not drink alcohol and no tobacco as well. Yes, I would like to reduce my weight. Please help me regarding that. My hernia does not even bother me, but is it necessary to be removed. Will it cause any damage in the future?

#

• Repeat the CBC (complete blood count) again when doing the urine test, meanwhile take any anti-allergy if you have symptoms.
  • I suggest you to take Atorvastatin 80 mg daily to regulate cholesterol. Repeat the cholesterol in six months in fasting.
  • No, you do not have to remove the hernia if not bothering you.
  • The stool exam looks normal and I would not worry about.
  • Now, for weight loss, give me a detailed report about what you eat or drink in 24 hours (be honest). I will make a plan for you.
  • Your BP looks good and yes, I saw two normal readings would be enough.

Please get the following blood work done:
1. Hepatitis C antibody.
2. Hepatitis B surface antigen and antibody.
3. Hepatitis B core antigen and antibody.
4. Hepatitis E antigen.
5. Fibrosure.

Revert with the diet details to an internal medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|