Q. I have painful boils on the tip of the nose. Kindly help.

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

On the tip of my nose, there is a red spot with what seems to be a small hole. It irritates the nose area. And it has been about one year when I first experienced it. It is not so itchy but has some pain.

#

Use Nadibact (Nadifloxacin) cream at night for 15 days.

Take tablet Ciplox (Ciprofloxacin) 500 mg once a day after food for five days, tablet Emanzen D (Serratiopeptidase and Diclofenac Sodium) twice daily for three days (if painful), and tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg at night for seven days (if itching).

Avoid scratching, rubbing, popping, or pricking the lesions, as it causes secondary bacterial infection with deep scarring.

Are you a diabetic? Do you get recurrent boils?

I am a non-diabetic. But there are recurrent boils in other areas like the toe, finger joints, etc.

#

Apply Fucidin cream or Mupirocin cream on the areas of boils (toe, finger joints). Take tablet Limcee (Vitamin C) 500 mg once a day after breakfast for 30 days to avoid scarring.

Use Skin first moisturizing lotion twice daily for 20 days (to maintain skin hydration) and Kojic soap for the bath for 20 days or Dermadew antibacterial soap for bath.

Use Photostable sunscreen 30 minutes before going outdoors. The lesion on the nose is a postinflammatory scar mark due to scratching, popping, or rubbing it. Avoid popping or pricking it as it causes secondary bacterial infection and scarring.

|