Q. There is a skin problem behind my ear where the specs rest. Why?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 21, 2017 and last reviewed on: Mar 24, 2021

I have a problem with my specs. There was a skin problem behind my ear where the specs rest. The injury is reddish black in color. One month ago, I had the same type of problem on my nose, the point where the specs touch my left side of the nose. Now, I am using contact lenses. After 20 days, similar kind of signs are there on the right side of the nose. Though I am not using specs, I still have the same problem. My doctor referred Fusiwal M cream every time. There is no change with the treatment. Please help me.

#

• It is basically frictional dermatitis, which has left behind pigmentation.
  • Do not use Fusiwal-M cream (Mometasone furoate and Fusidic acid) as there is no inflammation. It will take time for pigmentation to resolve.
  • I suggest Kojiglo gel (Kojic acid and vitamin C) or Melaglow Rich cream (Avobenzone) twice daily for two months on black spots.
  • With any topical application, there will be improvement till certain extent only. For better results, later you can consider spot peel or laser treatment from your dermatologist.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Is it frictional dermatitis on the right side of the nose? Right now, I am using contact lenses. Why is it occurring again? Please see the photo attached and I am mentioning the red color over the nose.

#

• From the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I can say that on the right side of the nose is acne.
  • You also have acne on the cheeks.I suggest Clindac-A gel application (Clindamycin) on it.
  • Sometimes, when you use steroid cream like Fusiwal-M one of the side effects with overuse is acne.

For further doubts consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|