Q. I have boils in private area after shaving. Please help.

Dr. Uzma Arqam

I shaved my lower region and then I had sex. Now I have boils around my private area. It is very painful. Please help.

#

Please send me your detailed obstetrics and gynecology history, your medical history, and drug history. Please say about the material used such as hair removal cream or razor to remove the hairs. Sometimes removal of hairs after a long time gets sensitive to hair removal creams. Sometimes an old dormant infection can get active. Do a vaginal swab and follow the laboratory results. It can also occur due to irritation or reaction to hair removal creams. These symptoms can reduce gradually after some time.

Have sitz bath to get relief from pain. Take tablet Ponstan 500 mg (Mefenamic acid). After taking a sitz bath, try to have some time without undergarments at home. Have a soft, comfortable undergarment. Use water to clean and use olive oil as a moisturizer. Have Doxycycline 100 mg twice daily and take tablet Metronidazole for every eight hours for seven days. Collect the swab and discuss the results with your gynecologist to have a specific treatment.

|