Q. Why has my foot injury not healed post accident?

Dr. Ajit Kumar Varma

I had an accident five months ago and had an injury on my left foot. Since then until now, it is not fully healed. Please see the photos of the injury attached and please tell if it is normal or is there something that went wrong.

#

I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

The fact that your injury is over five months old, yet to heal, suggests two possibilities.

Either there is a foreign body as a small stone, metal piece and the like, which will prevent healing.

The other possibility is that there is a bone infection under the ulcer.

An X-ray of the foot should be taken and these possibilities can be diagnosed.

Once the diagnosis is made then the proper advise on management can be given.

For more information consult a general surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-surgeon

|