Q. I had my wisdom tooth removed yesterday. When can I have solid food?

Dr. Tooba Qazi

I had my bottom left wisdom tooth removed yesterday. I am 25 years old and 11 weeks pregnant. I have been eating soft foods like mashed potatoes, jello, and pudding. However, I was wondering when I can begin to eat foods such as peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, cereals, pasta, etc.

Do you have a question on Wisdom Tooth Extraction or Saline Water Mouth Rinses?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Tooba Qazi

BDS
Dentistry

You can start with a solid diet in another one day hopefully.

Make sure you are following the postoperative instructions regularly. Do lukewarm saline water mouth rinses (put some salt in half glass of warm water) at least 3 times a day and continue for a week. This would enhance wound healing in the extraction site. This would not affect your blood pressure, as you are not taking in the salt water, you just have to rinse.

After every meal, make sure you gargle or rinse and do not let any food debris stay on the wound, as it may cause infection. Then surely you may start with a normal healthy diet in 2 days.

Is Augmentin 625 safe to take during the third week of pregnancy?
Query: Hello doctor, I am three weeks pregnant, and I am suffering from a chest infection. So an ENT specialist doctor prescribed Augmentin 625 tablet. I wanted to know if it is safe to use this antibiotic, as I am pregnant.  Read Full »
Dr. Aishwarya Parthasarathy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) is a category B drug, which otherwise means it is very safe in pregnancy. I suggest taking it along with Cetirizine 10 mg at night if you sneeze a lot. Also, do warm saline gargling if you have a sore throat. For further que...  Read Full »

Two of my wisdom teeth are impacted. Is it better to remove?
Query: Hi doctor, I visited a dentist and he completed deep cleaning of all four quadrants. I got composite fillings on one side of the mouth for five cavities (right side). However, I still have four cavities on the left side. I have two options. Wait for three more months and take care of it, as my in...  Read Full »
Dr. Prerna Jain
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cavities or tooth decay is chronic infections that spread further at a slow rate in most cases. The other thing to consider is any pain or associated symptoms with the cavities, which are indicative of active acute infection that has already spread deeper. So, if the cavi...  Read Full »

I have been suffering from throat pain, headache, and weakness, sickness since last 2 days.
Query: Dear Doctor, I have been suffering from throat pain, headache, weakness and sickness since last 2 days. Age-21 years/ female. Give me advice.  Read Full »
Dr. Sini P

Answer: Hi,From your query, I understood that you have simple viral infection causing the Upper Respiratory Tract Infection (URTI). So you have to take tablet Febrex plus three times in a day for 3 days. Use saline gargling for throat pain. Use steam inhalation if there is any nasal block. Better to take ...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now