Q. Is it normal to have blurry vision four days after foreign body removal from cornea?

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 01, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 04, 2018

I recently went to an ophthalmologist to have a foreign body removed from my cornea. I have been applying the overnight cream and drops during the day but on day four, my vision appears to be more blurry. Is this a normal part of healing?

#

I have gone through what you have mentioned, new onset of blurring on the day four is not a thing we normally expect. It could be due to a variety of reasons, the most common being increased tearing in your eyes due to inflammation, and the most important being a progression of ulceration of the cornea or corneal edema. My advice to you is to continue using your current medication. and re-visit your ophthalmologist as soon as possible to enable them to have a review.

Measures you can take in the meantime are to wear good quality polarised glasses or atleast your work site safety gear while you are working so as to not let any dirt and debris get into your eye, further worsening the situation. In case you are experiencing difficulties opening your eyes in the morning because they get stuck together, use warm water to clean away all the discharge. Also, always keep your hands clean. Do not rub or touch or do any meddling with your eyes. This can incite a very powerful inflammation once again worsening the situation.

|