Q. Is it normal to have blurry vision four days after foreign body removal from cornea?

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Published on Sep 01, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 04, 2018

I recently went to an ophthalmologist to have a foreign body removed from my cornea. I have been applying the overnight cream and drops during the day but on day four, my vision appears to be more blurry. Is this a normal part of healing?

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I have gone through what you have mentioned, new onset of blurring on the day four is not a thing we normally expect. It could be due to a variety of reasons, the most common being increased tearing in your eyes due to inflammation, and the most important being a progression of ulceration of the cornea or corneal edema. My advice to you is to continue using your current medication. and re-visit your ophthalmologist as soon as possible to enable them to have a review.

Measures you can take in the meantime are to wear good quality polarised glasses or atleast your work site safety gear while you are working so as to not let any dirt and debris get into your eye, further worsening the situation. In case you are experiencing difficulties opening your eyes in the morning because they get stuck together, use warm water to clean away all the discharge. Also, always keep your hands clean. Do not rub or touch or do any meddling with your eyes. This can incite a very powerful inflammation once again worsening the situation.

Why did I have blurred vision after sleeping with my contact lenses on?

Query: Hi doctor, Without remembering to take off my contacts, I slept with them on. It was only for three and a half hours. These are yearly lenses, so they are pretty thick. They are FDA approved but doctors normally do not recommend them. I woke up with my vision having a white haze. As the time goes b...  Read Full »