Q. Why am I having itchy throat and stuffy nose after allogenic bone marrow transplant?

Answered by Dr. Parth R Goswami and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Bone Marrow Transplantation or Beta Thalassemia? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am an 18-year-old girl. I have been a patient of beta thalassemia major. Recently allogenic bone marrow transplant was conducted (70 days since transplant). Before this, I had no history of any allergy or rash or another disease other than thalassemia. Recently, I have felt itchy throat-stuffy nose only on one side of the nose that is open and closes when I lie down. Moreover, due to an itch, there is a cough. No nasal drippings.