Boost Immunity

What are the health benefits of consuming lemon and water?

Query: Hi doctor, Can you explain whether consuming lemon with water in the morning and in the evening is beneficiary or not?  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lemon contains vitamin C.  The favorable factors are it is an antioxidant; it delays aging and helps to boost the immunity. For further information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner  Read Full »

What causes persistent chest congestion?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 5 years old. He is dealing with continuous chest congestion and coughing with change in season. Doctor suggested Foracort 100 for two to three months with two shots in the morning and two at night after using nebulization Levolin 1.25 mg and Budecort 1 mg in the past for ches...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First off all I would suggest you to carry out chest x-ray and complete blood count to rule out lung infection like bronchitis. Foracort is a combination of Budesonide, a corticosteroid and anti-inflammatory and Formoterol, a long-acting bronchodilator, used to ...  Read Full »

What are the benefits of exclusive breastfeeding?

Query: Hello doctor,Why more mothers are choosing to exclusively breastfeed? Why does it work for them?  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Breastfeeding is actually easy if mother has the required amount of milk to fulfill the baby's requirements. Breastfeeding transfer immunity to the baby, prepare his or her body to resist against disease and is sterile as well means no need to prepare it and any arrange...  Read Full »

How to improve my daughter's immunity through diet?

Query: Hello doctor,My daughter is 6 years old. She is often prone to cold and fever during rainy and winter seasons. Our doctor says to improve her immunity through proper diet. We are vegetarians, but I am planning to give her eggs. Lots of people are telling lots of ideas, and I am confused. I need a pr...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanchari Majumder

Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest the following diet for your daughter. The alternative foods are also mentioned below. Early Morning: 7 AM - Hot milk with turmeric one glass or warm milk with half spoon Baidyanath chyawanprash or juice of tulsi leaves and one tablespoon honey mixture or soake...  Read Full »

Will taking Ashwagandha for perimenopause symptoms cause any side-effects?

Query: Hello doctor, I am thinking of using Ashwagandha supplements (400 mg) to help with my perimenopause symptoms. I would like to have an extensive list of side effects if there are any. I have no known illnesses and take no medications apart from Omega 3 twice a day.  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ashwagandha is a very potent ayurvedic medicine. It has very good effect in neurological issues. It helps to improve your immunity and metabolism. It is very helpful in perimenopause symptoms. You can take 3 gm Ashwagandha powder or 500 mg Ashwagandha tablet twice a day...  Read Full »

How to gain weight as I am underweight and more vulnerable to climate change?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old. I am underweight and my BMI is low (below 18). I do not have any other medical issues. But, I used to get vulnerable cold and cough to climate change.  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Basically, your immune system is very weak. Some people like you are very much prone to cold and cough, because of which the body's normal biological systems gets disturbed during each season. When our immune system gets altered our antigens, which are the fighting soldie...  Read Full »

Ayurveda medicines to increase the Immunity?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a mother of a 3 year old. My son is suffering from cold and cough. He gets vomiting whenever he coughs continuously. Also, he gets cold and coughs very often in the last one year. Until 15 months of age, he did not get even a single episode of cold or a cough. I am so worried about ...  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A constant cough leads to vomiting, and that will expel the sputum. It is the body's natural mechanism. Nothing to worry. Please check whether the bed or the floor (where he lives) is dusty. Maintain the environment clean. Wash the bed sheets frequently and dry in the sun...  Read Full »

What can be done to improve immunity in 4 years kid?

Query: Hello doctor,My daughter is 4 years and 2 months old. She develops a very bad cough and then along with fever in a day or two. She had a wheezing problem previously so the doctor had prescribed to give Budecort and Levolin puffs or nebulization. So every time when she develops this kind of a dry cou...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Radheshyam Gupta

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you say it is a dry cough, Levolin (Levosalbutamol sulfate) nebulization is not required. This could be allergic also. Also, children have a fever off and on. It could be viral till 5 years of age. After that, their immunity becomes well. Use glass thermometer and...  Read Full »

Is it good to take Yarsagumba for me and my daughter?

Query: Hi doctor, I bought Yarsagumba from my friend. How can I use it for myself and my daughter? Is it good or bad? Does it show any side effects after taking it?  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It should be taken under a doctor's supervision. On continuity, you can take it for three to seven days. Then you have to reduce the quantity gradually. On using it, it provides strength to the body. It is an immunity booster and an aphrodisiac. It is good. Consult a ne...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for abdominal pain and fever in my baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 33 months old and is having pain in the abdomen and fever of 102 degrees for the past three days. My baby gets viral fever every month or once in two months. What could be the reason?  Read Full »

Dr. Shilpa Reddy Diggireddy

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common reason for repeated infections is low immunity. This is because of incomplete nutrition in food. Please make sure that the meals you give him are proportional to proteins, carbohydrates, and vitamins. The second most common cause is cleanliness not w...  Read Full »