Q. I have recovered from COVID. What can I do to boost my immunity against mucormycosis?

Dr. Jebin Abraham

Recently I have recovered from COVID. I got negative three weeks back. I took Deflazacort 30 twice a day for nine days and after that 6 mg twice a day for one week and 6 mg once a day for five days after that stopped. My sugar levels are in control now after changing medicine. Now I am scared of black fungus as it is coming in post COVID. Is there any medicine to improve immunity or any medical test to see our immunity?

I have BP for four years and sugar for three years. Now I am worried about black fungus in COVID recovery. My HbA1c was 8.9 two weeks back after that. My doctor changed my medicine, and now fasting 115 and post around 200. Is there any blood test that confirms my immunity levels or any medicine to increase immunity? I have taken CBC, liver profile, lipid profile almost 20 days back, and all are normal. So want to know a way to increase immunity to avoid black fungus. I am taking Met-XL 25 twice a day, Gemer 2 mg in the morning and 1 mg in the evening, and I should take Montek-LC for one more week. Kindly give your opinion.

#

Mucormycosis is a dangerous disease. Still, it is rare. You do not need to worry. You can take a Zincovit tablet (Multivitamin) and a good diet. That is enough. Great that you are staying healthy now. Keep your sugar levels as normal as possible. Until today, no medicine has proved to be effective in preventing COVID. The same is the case with black fungus. No medicine is actually helpful in improving immunity levels. Stay calm and eat good food. I hope this was helpful.

|