Q. I am getting sharp headache and abrupt vision shift. What does it sound like?

This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 21, 2019

For a week or two, while walking around, I have had the feeling that I was lightheaded or unsteady on my feet. It was not like the room shifting. Today, I have had a sharp headache above one eye. While sitting at my desk, my field of vision shifted abruptly. What does that sound like? I have a previous history of migraines, venous varix on vein of Galen. My current medication includes Tylenol and Eletriptan.

#

• Your symptoms could be due to ocular migraine, brain lesion, vasculitis, hypertension and stress. I would suggest you to consult a neurologist and have yourself examined.
  • You need to carry out MRI brain to exclude any brain lesion as the cause for your symptoms. Also, have your blood pressure measured.
  • In your case, it seems to be due to migraine since you have a history of migraine.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I had an MRI before four months and that showed the venous aneurysm on the vein of Galen of about 1 x 1.5 cm. Do I need another MRI when I had one so recently?

#

• Yes, you need a second MRI angiogram to see the size of the aneurysm. Your symptoms may be due to direct mechanical pressure by the aneurysm on the adjacent brain.
  • An MRI angiogram of brain arteries should be done to confirm the diagnosis.
  • If symptoms are found to be due to mechanical pressure by the aneurysm, then this aneurysm needs to be removed or blocked. The options include clipping of aneurysm or coiling of aneurysm.

|