Breast Examination

Should I be concerned about breast lump?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old mother of a 11 months old. Today, I found a red, inflammation on the surface of left breast on the lower side. It is a lump kind of stuff. I am doubtful whether it is cancer. I did not see any other symptoms of breast cancer as other things look normal. I am so worried....  Read Full »

Dr. Sweta Singh

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. An inflamed lump is unlikely to be a cancer. This is an often occurrence in women with babies being breastfed. It occurs due to an infection. However, any lump must be examined by a breast surgeon and if required a sample of the tissue taken in order to ascertain the ca...  Read Full »

Do lumps in the breast mean breast cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife noticed a small lump in the left armpit. We went to a gynecologist and she said nothing to worry as the lump was painful. With her medicines, the lump became small, but did not completely vanish. So, we went to a general surgeon. She found two lumps in the breast and referred for ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sivaprakash Rathinasamy

Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your scan report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is not cancer. It is a type of tumor in breast, which can occur commonly in this age group. It will not turn malignant. If you want to double confirm, then ask your doctor for FNAC needle test (...  Read Full »

Can breast cancer grow in four weeks?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from anxiety around the health issues, cancer and tend to obsess about things. I have been fixating on my breasts and keep thinking I feel lumps. My doctor suggested to get an ultrasound four weeks ago for my peace of mind and they were perfectly fine. Tonight, I was scratc...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. It is absolutely normal to have some anxiety. All human beings are anxious for something. It depends how we make use of it. Any lump in the breast has to be evaluated. If you still feel something inside, then you can consult a surgeon and l...  Read Full »

Can a cyst cause breast pain and discharge?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past two months I have had ongoing right breast pain. It first began as sharp stabbing pain that would last only a few seconds. Now I am getting some nipple discharge and burning sensation. When I spoke with my doctor about it, she said it might happen sometimes. I had some blood ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Breast pain, nipple discharge and cysts could be due to hyperprolactinemia. I do not see a prolactin level in your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Do you have a family history of breast cancer? Do these cysts develop even when you are off the h...  Read Full »

Is the mammogram taken for red line on breast normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I woke up this morning to see a small red line or vein on the top of my left breast. I had a breast check up and mammogram 6 months ago which was clear. Is this normal? What is it?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This does not appear worrisome to me (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This appears like erythematous lesion due to inflammation. This has probably occurred due to some trauma like due to pressure of folds in clothing or bed sheet or lying over the ch...  Read Full »

My mammogram says there is a usual type of ductal hyperplasia. Could it be cancer?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 41-year-old female with 5' 2' in height 190 lbs weight. I have a question about my breast mammogram and biopsy report. No medications and allergies. My report says there is a usual minimal type of ductal hyperplasia. Could it be cancer?   Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports you have provided and the limited clinical history in your case. As I gather from it, let me summarise the case that I understood. Do your age and date of reports has been crop, it appears to me that you undergo an annual mammogram and...  Read Full »

There is a hard lump under the nipple. I am afraid of breast cancer. How to proceed further?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old female. I found a quarter-sized hard nonmobile lump under my nipple a day ago. Is that an usual spot to get breast cancer?  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.It is usually uncommon to have breast cancer in this age group. It looks most likely a benign breast lesion or a localized infection.You have not given many details about this lump such as skin or nipple color change, any nipple discharge, whether you are married/unmarried ...  Read Full »

One of my breasts has become significantly larger after an abortion. Should I be concerned?

Query: Hello doctor,I had an abortion five weeks ago and I noticed that my breasts have been returning to their normal size. But, one of my breasts has become significantly larger than my other breast. Should I be concerned? Should I see a gynecologist?  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If, like you said, one of your breasts is significantly larger than the other, then definitely you should consult a gynecologist for a clinical examination and if required, get a sonography, mammography and also some blood tests like prolactin level done. Generall...  Read Full »

Why do I have severe breast pain after every ovulation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female, and my LMP was on 21st of last month. My periods usually last for five days, and I take Triolmezest 40 for hypertension. After every ovulation (10th day), I have severe breast pain till the periods start. I just have sore breasts and no other problems. I took Py...  Read Full »

Dr. Vidya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We need to do a breast examination and a breast scan to rule out any fibroadenoma. This generally causes pain in breasts especially nearing cycles. Consult a gynecologist or a surgeon personally for an examination. You may also try evening Primrose supplements to reduc...  Read Full »

I have fibroadenomas in my breasts. Do I have to get it operated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have two fibroadenomas in my right breast and one in the left. I am just 18 years old, and I do not want to get them operated so early. Please help. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Aparna M Sathawane

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Childbirth Educator, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fibroadenoma is not a cancerous growth. If they are small and not causing you any problem, then you just wait and watch. Keep checking that they are not increasing in size or causing any pain. Sometimes, they just vanish on their own. If they are causing discomfort, then ...  Read Full »