Breast Examination

My mammogram says there is a usual type of ductal hyperplasia. Could it be cancer?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 41-year-old female with 5' 2' in height 190 lbs weight. I have a question about my breast mammogram and biopsy report. No medications and allergies. My report says there is a usual minimal type of ductal hyperplasia. Could it be cancer?   Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports you have provided and the limited clinical history in your case. As I gather from it, let me summarise the case that I understood. Do your age and date of reports has been crop, it appears to me that you undergo an annual mammogram and...  Read Full »

There is a hard lump under the nipple. I am afraid of breast cancer. How to proceed further?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old female. I found a quarter-sized hard nonmobile lump under my nipple a day ago. Is that an usual spot to get breast cancer?  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.It is usually uncommon to have breast cancer in this age group. It looks most likely a benign breast lesion or a localized infection.You have not given many details about this lump such as skin or nipple color change, any nipple discharge, whether you are married/unmarried ...  Read Full »

One of my breasts has become significantly larger after an abortion. Should I be concerned?

Query: Hello doctor,I had an abortion five weeks ago and I noticed that my breasts have been returning to their normal size. But, one of my breasts has become significantly larger than my other breast. Should I be concerned? Should I see a gynecologist?  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If, like you said, one of your breasts is significantly larger than the other, then definitely you should consult a gynecologist for a clinical examination and if required, get a sonography, mammography and also some blood tests like prolactin level done. Generall...  Read Full »

Why do I have severe breast pain after every ovulation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female, and my LMP was on 21st of last month. My periods usually last for five days, and I take Triolmezest 40 for hypertension. After every ovulation (10th day), I have severe breast pain till the periods start. I just have sore breasts and no other problems. I took Py...  Read Full »

Dr. Vidya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We need to do a breast examination and a breast scan to rule out any fibroadenoma. This generally causes pain in breasts especially nearing cycles. Consult a gynecologist or a surgeon personally for an examination. You may also try evening Primrose supplements to reduc...  Read Full »

I have fibroadenomas in my breasts. Do I have to get it operated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have two fibroadenomas in my right breast and one in the left. I am just 18 years old, and I do not want to get them operated so early. Please help. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Aparna M Sathawane

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Childbirth Educator, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fibroadenoma is not a cancerous growth. If they are small and not causing you any problem, then you just wait and watch. Keep checking that they are not increasing in size or causing any pain. Sometimes, they just vanish on their own. If they are causing discomfort, then ...  Read Full »

Why am I having pain from my breast to the armpit?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old female, who weighs 130 lbs and 5.3 feet tall. For about 12 days, I have had consistent pain in the outer side of my breast up through my armpit. I have a tingling and slightly numb feeling in my left arm. I did not injure it, as far as I am aware. It started suddenly...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to know few more details about your problem: Was there fever before starting of pain? Any local redness or raised temperature above the area of pain? Any history of lifting heavy weight or doing excessive gym workout before starting of pain? In these 12 days, is th...  Read Full »

I have a patch of bumpy rashes on my left breast. Is it breast cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a female, who weighs 158 lbs and 5.9 feet tall. I feel that my strength is declining, and I have itchiness and hot sensation across my breasts, neck, and torso. I also had a bumpy rash patch surfaced on my left breast several days ago. This rash has not gone away, and it looks li...  Read Full »

Dr. Swaraj S W

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have any family history of breast cancer? Do you have a fever, nausea, vomiting, or weight loss? When was your blood sugar and thyroid tested? Revert with more information to an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologi...  Read Full »

3D mammography showed calcifications in the right breast. Do I need to worry?

Query: Hello doctor, I just moved, so I do not have an OB or internist to ask these questions. I did my yearly mammogram in 3D for the first time. I did bring my past images, but they were not in 3D. I got a call back for calcifications of the right breast, and it was recommended that I get three addition...  Read Full »

Dr. Aparna M Sathawane

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your mammogram report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, it is very vague, no information about size and number of calcified areas. Calcification is due deposition of calcium over years, as is normally benign. Ther is a minimal chance of it getti...  Read Full »

Can fibroadenoma of the breast recur?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a fibroadenoma in my breast, which was removed two years back. But now, I feel a small cluster on my breast. Can fibroadenoma recur? Someone said that I am infected with a sexual disease. I have regular periods, do I have any sexually transmitted disease? I am not sexually activ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, I would like to tell you that fibroadenoma is a non-cancerous breast problem which occurs in young women. These are usually hormone related and frequently regress after menopause. It is always recommended to increase vegetables and fruit intake, and exercis...  Read Full »

I am worried about my breast lump. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old mother of a 11 months old. Today, I found a red, inflammation on the surface of left breast on the lower side. It is a lump kind of stuff. I am doubtful whether it is cancer. I did not see any other symptoms of breast cancer as other things look normal. I am so worried....  Read Full »

Dr. Sweta Singh

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. An inflamed lump is unlikely to be a cancer. This is an often occurrence in women with babies being breastfed. It occurs due to an infection. However, any lump must be examined by a breast surgeon and if required a sample of the tissue taken in order to ascertain the ca...  Read Full »