Q. Can I drink alcohol if I am breastfeeding?

Dr. Roli Agarwal

I am a 21 year old female. What is the risk of drinking alcoholic beverages while breastfeeding, if I pump and dump a few hours after?

#

• If you had alcohol for the first time during breastfeeding, not take it regularly or take it in very less amount, then probably it will not have much of an effect on the baby.
  • If taken in large amounts and frequently, the baby may have drowsiness, deep sleep, weakness, and abnormal weight gain.
  • There is also a possibility of decreased milk-ejection reflex in the mother.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|