Q. I need an evaluation of my annual health check up. Please help.

Dr. Vishal Khurana

As part of a corporate health check up, I had undergone liver function test, USG abdomen with pelvis and lipid profile. The impression in the USG was mild hepatomegaly with grade-II fatty changes. I have attached the reports. In LFT the total bilirubin was 1.41, direct bilirubin 0.43, and indirect bilirubin 0.98. The other health issues I have are GERD, iron deficiency, vitamin B12 deficiency, and vitamin D deficiency.

#

• Your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) show that you have fatty liver with deranged LFT (liver function test). Do u drink alcohol? What is ur body weight and height?
  • You need the following tests to be done:
  1. HBsAg
  2. Anti-HCV
  • You can discuss with your physician about taking the following medications:
  1. Capsule Evion-LC 400 (Vitamin E) one capsule daily. 
  2. Tablet Ursocol (Ursodiol) 300 mg twice daily.

Revert with more information to a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

Thanks for replying. Both HBsAg and Anti HCV were tested on the same day. Both came negative. I drink beer once a month. My body weight is 85 kg, height is 179 cm.

#

• Stopping alcohol consumption will help your liver as well as GERD issues.

For more information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

I am using these medicines for 15 days. Since last two days, I am feeling dull pain at the right side of the chest or back of the right breast especially during morning and evening while going to bed. Once I take Ursocol medication, and pain subsides. Please let me know what could be the reason.

#

Are you doing exercise?

Yes, I am doing exercise daily for an hour, and I reduced 2 kg in 15 days.

#

I think your problem will settle in a day or two. Continue the same. If symptoms persist, then get chest x-ray PA.

Again I got mild pain in the right upper chest. I had a PA chest x-ray. Lungs show prominent broncho-vascular marking in bilateral lung fields, others are normal. Both domes raised, positional, soft tissues and bony cage are normal. Heart size and shape is normal. Aorta and pulmonary vascularity are normal. Both CP angles are clear. Tracheal and mediastinum regions are within normal limits. Bilateral hilar contours are within normal.

#

There is no cause of chest pain in this x-ray report. Consult a local physician for physical examination. Get fresh LFT.

I consulted a Physician for physical examination and had x-ray and CBC. I attached the report here. The doctor prescribed Levoflox 500 mg and Montemac-FX for 5 days. As suggested by you, I had LFT. For liver, the doctor suggested continuing Ursocol 300 mg. When should I stop that?

Please suggest the next course of treatment for fatty liver and reasons for chest pain. Should I carry USG liver?

#

I would recommend you to continue Ursocol and Evion. Get Fibroscan with CAP. Chest pain could be musculoskeletal pain if the local doctor has not suggested any other problem.

Please avoid exercise for a few days.

I carried a Fibro scan and the conclusion came as no fibrosis seen in liver elastography.

#

Please send the report for further review.

Please check the attached report.

#

This test is US elastography and not fibroscan with CAP (attachment removed to protect patient identity). But, the report is good. Continue Evion and Ursocol. Please repeat LFT after one month.

I used Evion and Ursocol daily and doing exercise every day for 1 hour. I reduced my weight from 88 kg to 79 kg, BMI is 24 and body fat is 23. I stopped taking alcohol, fatty food and junk food. I carried LFT today which is 20 days since last. All values are in normal levels expect SGPT - 50 units per liter which were 55. I attached the report. Should I continue both Evion and Ursocol? Should I do anything else to control SGPT?

#

Please continue the same drugs.

Hi doctor,I carried LFT today which is 20 days since last. All values are normal except 1.3 mg/dl which was 1.0 and 1.2 in the past two occasions. Should I continue Evion and Ursocol or can I stop those as values are in normal condition? Please suggest. Should I get USG to confirm that the liver condition is under control?

#

Yes, you can stop Evion and Ursocol for now. Your reports are ok. Continue physical exercise and dietary modification.

|