Breast Implants

Is it possible to do a breast implant explantation surgery under local anesthesia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old. I am having breast implant explantation surgery in four days. I have bad anxiety and the thought of anesthesia really scares me. I am a mother and the thought of being over sedated or not waking up at all is frightening. My surgeon has agreed to use local and MAC an...  Read Full »

Dr. Rohit Jain

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems you are worrying a lot about small things. About the anesthesia, you need to understand the reason behind why we give GA (general anesthesia) and not local in such surgeries. The doctor is going to open the breast tissue and will be inserting the implant and...  Read Full »

What are 500 cc breast implants?

Query: Hello doctor, Is a 600 cc breast implant the same as a 500 cc implant filled to 600 cc? Is a 500 cc implant filled to 600 cc considered extremely large with more chance of rupture? Is going from A cup to C cup (350 cc) then going from C cup to possible D cup (500 cc filled to 600 cc) that big of a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Pavan N Murdeshwar

Cosmetologist, General Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your confusions. Let me tell you one thing. The implants are usually measured by three things, the volume, the base diameter and the height (profile). So the implants chosen will be on the basis of all the three criteria. An implant of 500 cc will ha...  Read Full »

Had odd reaction with breast implants. What is your suggestion for new one?

Query: Hi doctor, I got my breast implants (saline) removed two years ago. I had them for several years. Suddenly, I started having odd symptoms such as Raynaud's, poor circulation and heat and redness in my hands and feet when hot. Since then I have changed my diet, started supplements, started low dose...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, there is a possibility that the implants have been causing a foreign body reaction. Raynaud's can happen with these devices, as they trigger an immune reaction in the body. Good thing is that your ANA (antinuclear antibody) is negative or else we need to investigate...  Read Full »

Concerned about leakage of silicon from ruptured breast implant. How dangerous is this?

Query: Hi doctor, Before eight years, my daughter underwent breast surgery. After that, she had a baby who is 18 months of age now. Before a month, she felt pain in one breast and went to GP. He did an X-ray, which showed a tear in one of the implants. Yesterday she visited a surgeon. He informed her tha...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankit Gupta

Plastic Surgeon, Cosmetologist, General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can assure that silicon from the ruptured implant will stay there only and it will not go anywhere in her body. Your surgeon is correct in telling you that the replacement can be done just after the inflammatory response settles down. It is better to remove the ruptured...  Read Full »