Bronchodilator

Can I take bronchodilator for chest pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My problem is that I have pain in my left lung . Firstly, I will let you know the history. I cannot play any of the sports properly due to the pain. If I work hard such as playing football, running, etc., it will lead to a great pain . And, I cannot even properly cough and it never go aw...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Important here is that only pain is not a symptom of lung allergy or asthma. If that is associated with shortness of breath while doing any physical activity, then it is a sign of asthma. I would recommend a clinical examination in such case. If ...  Read Full »

My diabetic mother is diagnosed with moderate obstructive lung disease. Kindly suggest treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 62 years old. She is a diabetic on OHA and under good glycemic control. She weighs about 56 kg. She is suffering from a dry cough for four months now. The chest x-ray is normal and ENT consultation also ruled out any local cause. She complaints of tickling sensation and c...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the PFT (pulmonary function test) report of your mother. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Let me tell you first that the PFT test is not done properly as post-test is done immediately only after four minutes of the pre-test. Ideally, we...  Read Full »

What causes persistent chest congestion?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 5 years old. He is dealing with continuous chest congestion and coughing with change in season. Doctor suggested Foracort 100 for two to three months with two shots in the morning and two at night after using nebulization Levolin 1.25 mg and Budecort 1 mg in the past for ches...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First off all I would suggest you to carry out chest x-ray and complete blood count to rule out lung infection like bronchitis. Foracort is a combination of Budesonide, a corticosteroid and anti-inflammatory and Formoterol, a long-acting bronchodilator, used to ...  Read Full »

I coughed up worm-like mucus. Can it be a sign of worm cast in the right lung?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with flu five days back, it started with a productive cough and then progressed to body aches and fever. Body aches and high fever lasted for about 24 to 36 hours, but I have a constant low-grade fever. I started to feel better after three days, but the coughing was so...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is just phlegm and nothing else. Do not worry, such kind of a productive cough is common in viral bronchitis. Your treatment is going right. I would just suggest the addition of a bronchodilator syru...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for inhaling drywall dust?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question in regards to pulmonology and exposure to crystalline silica. I have done a ton of research on the internet regarding this subject and probably know as much as anyone can know based solely on internet information. So I am hoping someone with a more advanced knowledge ...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have surfed your links and understood your problem in detail. (attachments removed to protect patient identity) After silica exposure you are suffering from what is called as acute silicosis. Acute silicosis results from short term exposure to very large am...  Read Full »

Can we use Tramadol and Acetaminophen for viral fever?

Query: Hi doctor, My brother, who is 27 years old, is having viral fever and the temperature was 103 degrees Fahrenheit since yesterday night. He has been complaining of slight fever for the past five days. We had blood tests and the urine test done yesterday and both were normal. We are using the followi...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. There is no role of Tramadol and Acetaminophen in treating fever. This may help just in body pain if associated. I suppose that he should continue with Paracetamol 650 mg 6 to 8 hourly along with Amoxicillin for fever. For chest con...  Read Full »

My one year old son has been coughing for 3 days. Bromhexine and kofarest did not work. Please help.

Query: Hi, My one year old son has been coughing for 3 days now. I spoke to his paediatrician. She asked me to give him bromhexine and kofarest. I tried both but it did not work. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. E Venkata Ramana

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query. For cough in a one year old child, the given medications by his paediatrician are sufficient. But before giving cough medication, I suggest you to take him for an examination by the doctor to look for any signs of throat infection and to examine his lungs to look for a...  Read Full »

22 months old baby has congestion while sleeping. Can I give Levolin?

Query: Hi doctor, My 22 months old baby was suffering from a cold and mild cough for 10 days. Both have subsided. I gave her Cetrizine and Crocin for three days. Now she has congestion while sleeping. We met the doctor and he has put her on Allegra and Azee 100. Can I give Levolin too? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If there are nasal congestion and wheeze, yes Levolin (Levosalbutamol) nebulization will be a better option. If only congestion is there no wheezing then, give her Nasiclear drops in each nostril (two drops) in the night and plain saline nebulization. Focus on her i...  Read Full »

I have discomfort in my lungs after some strenuous work. What can I do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 50 years old, 210 lbs. I fixed an issue in my attic on Sunday. The work was strenuous but lasted 10 minutes. I did not wear a mask. My home dates from 1923 and the insulation in rock wool. All unchanged since being built, the mold and or fibers deeply penetrated my lungs and I have...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. From what you mentioned, most likely you have an allergic reaction from the materials you have been exposed to. You should not worry about it as a permanent effect is less likely as you have not been exposed for a prolonged period. Exposu...  Read Full »

How fast do antibiotics relieve asthmatic cough?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 11 years old. He weighs 22 kg. He has asthmatic type of cough problem. The paediatrician usually gives him an antibiotic for 10-12 days and still if the cough persists he will extend the antibiotic for another 2-3 days. When the cough remains an issue, he gives Azithromycin 300 ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Antibiotics would help only in case of infection. Antibiotics have role in initial acute exacerbation else not. If he has fever, then we need to give antibiotics. Bronchial asthma requires treatment with antihistaminic drugs and bronchodilator. By giving Betnelan (Betam...  Read Full »