Q. What is the test and medication available for wheezing in a 5-year-old?

Dr. Vivek Chail

My 5-year-old daughter often gets cold, cough, and end up with a fever and slight wheezing. No history of wheezing in the family. What test and medication have to be done for wheezing?

#

Your child may be tending to develop asthma and allergy. When investigating the child with wheezing, it is better to get her clinically examined by the pediatrician or a pediatric pulmonologist. The tests required include a chest x-ray and complete blood count in most cases. Medication is to be given after confirming the condition and might include bronchodilators, inhaled steroids, anti-allergic preparations, and nebulization when needed. Please keep the child away from dust pollution and allergic plants.

Allergy and asthma.

Chest x-ray, complete blood count.

Eosinophilia.

Asthma.

Bronchodilators, inhaled steroids, anti-allergic preparations, and nebulization

Protect from dust and pollution.

|