Q. We have been trying to conceive for 2 years. How to achieve conception?

I have been trying to conceive for about 2 years now. My prolactin is 31.8 ng/mL, progesterone is 4.1ng/mL, not opacified left fallopian tube and no free peritoneal spillage of contrast noted. My partner has varicocele. I had a shot of progesterone. Please provide some advice on how we can achieve conception.

#

It is evident from HSG (hysterosalpingogram) that you have a left tubal block and only the right tube is patent.

Secondly, considering that your partner has varicocele, it is important to get his semen analysis done to check for sperm count and quality if it is adequate or not.

Thirdly, your prolactin levels are high making you hyperprolactinemic, and your progesterone levels are low indicating progesterone deficiency.

• So in your case, firstly hyperprolactinemia has to be controlled with dopamine antagonists and progesterone deficiency to be tackled with cyclical progesterone therapy for three months.
  • A single patent tube is not a deterrent for conception, but the prolactin and progesterone are also most important.
  • It is your partner's semen sperm count and quality, which would be mandatory to predict the possible conception after analysis. Please keep the follow up.

Revert with the reports to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

I cannot understand my semen analysis report. Please explain.

Query: Hello doctor,The semen analysis report is in my hand, but I cannot understand it.Liquefaction time- 30 minutes.Duration of abstinence- four days.Appearance- creamy white.Volume 4.0 ml.Ph 8Fructose- Present.Motility- 100.Spermatozoa- rapid 20%, slow 10%, non-progressive motility 5%, immotile 83%.Vita...  Read Full »

Would my low sperm count have an adverse effect on IVF and ICSI?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 39-year-old male with a low sperm count of 1.9 million. My blood work shows that I have a high FSH. Our doctor highly suggested that I get genetic testing done before we proceed with an IVF or an ICSI. I would like to know why he would suggest that.  Read Full »

How to maintain sperm count through treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from hypogonadotropic hypogonadism. I am taking HCG 5000 and HMG 150 injection twice a week. My sperm production has started from azoospermia. We have done IVF and it was successful. My doctor asked to take testosterone injection, but if I take this my sperm production will...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»