Q. Since taking birth control shot, I have brown discharge. Will it ever go away?

Dr. Penchilaprasad Kandikattu

I started Depo three months ago because the pill was leading to yeast infections. But every day since taking the shot birth control, I have had a brown discharge that feels like is causing another yeast infection. Will the discharge ever go away? What should I do?

#

Yes, Depo (Medroxyprogesterone) may cause a yeast infection. Other few conditions Iike stress, antibiotics, weak immune system, high blood sugar, hormonal imbalance and pregnancy may aggravate the condition.

So, I suggest you use candid-B V gel (Clotrimazole vaginal gel) locally, tablet Fluconazole 150 mg once a week for five weeks. Consult a specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|