Q. There is a yellow bruise on the top of my areola and it is itching. What is the treatment?

Dr. Kakkar
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 27, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 03, 2019

I am a 21-year-old female with 5'7 height and 168 lbs in weight. I have a yellow bruise on the top of my areola. And when I noticed it over two weeks ago, my whole breast started to itch, and it never stopped. There is no discharge or pain. I have not done anything to bruise it. I have no idea where it came from. But the itching is killing me it never stops.

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

A bruise is due to tissue bleeding and is usually bluish or bluish-red. It is never yellow. Moreover, a bruise is never itchy. Therefore the condition that you have is not a bruise, and it is something else. I would keep a possibility of either eczematous dermatitis, tinea, or fungal infection. I require a picture for a confirmatory diagnosis. Both of these conditions are itchy. I would be able to help you better if you can upload a digital Image of the affected area.

| 

Are stings, breast lump, bruising, and hair fall signs of cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old girl. I am feeling stings in my upper body for quite some time. The stings are sometimes in my chest and sometimes in my lower abdomen. They last for nearly 40 seconds, but are occasional. And there is a lump in my right breast. It is a solid lump and it does not ca...  Read Full »

I still have painful bruises a year after iron injections. What needs to be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 55 year old female. 12 months ago, I was given four iron injections in my buttocks alternating over four weeks. There is staining area of about six inches on each side which is fading. However, on the top and bottom edges of the stained area is a blue bruise which is as painful...  Read Full »

My daughter gets bruises on her legs without any injury. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, This query is regarding my 8 year old daughter. She has been constantly getting bruises on her legs. We think this bruise occurs automatically and may not be due to injury. We have been noticing these bruises for the past 6 to 7 years. It fades away automatically after few days. We c...  Read Full »