Q. Why is there burning sensation after passing stools?

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu
Published on Mar 16, 2019

Since last few days whenever I eat any spicy food or chicken, after passing stools, I am feeling a bit of burning sensation for five minutes. After that, it goes away. That too in a week I feel 1 to 2 times. Surrounding the anus also while washing sometimes I am feeling a burning sensation. I do not have any other problem of difficulty in passing the stools and it is regular and clear. I request you to suggest some medication. and I have also stopped eating spicy food.

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

#

Intake of spicy food may cause burning sensation and irritation of anal mucosa which may lead to a burning pain during defecation. It is due to the spiciness of the food. You may try yogurt, cucumber, tender coconut water, probiotic capsules, buttermilk. Use tablet Nexium before breakfast for one week. Avoid spicy food intake. If symptoms do not improve, please consult a physician or post me a query.

How to get rid of acidity caused due to taking spicy food?

Query: Hello doctor, I eat out a lot and take junk food very frequently. I am suffering from acidity now. If I take spicy food, I feel uneasiness in my stomach. I am a 25 year old male. Please help.  Read Full >>

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please consider the following suggestions to get rid of your acidity: Avoid eating out. Also avoid oily, spicy and fried food items. Drink plenty of water (at least eight glasses of water every day). Drink two glasses of water in the morning as soon as...  Read Full

Can you please let me know the treatment for thrombosed hemorrhoid?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a male, and from the past two days, I have pain and itching around the anus. The doctor checked and told that it is a thrombosed hemorrhoid. Can you please let me know the treatment for this? Can it be solved by using conservative methods or do I need any surgery? Thanks in adva...  Read Full >>

Dr. Arvind Guru
General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would be best if you can upload the pictures of the problem before I can comment and recommend anything definitive and specific to you. If I assume that your doctor rightly diagnosed the problem as a thrombosed hemorrhoid, then I suggest you try doing the following: ...  Read Full

I have constipation and a burning sensation in the anus. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a dental student doing my internship. I am suffering from constipation from the past one week. I have a burning sensation in the anal region which I am unable to tolerate. Sometimes, there is severe itching and pain as well. I stay in the hostel. So, can you suggest me some tips...  Read Full >>

Dr. Pritam Mohapatra
Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.I appreciate you seeking help. Well, constipation is the key feature in piles or fissures which exhibit similar symptoms. I recommend the following for relief: Streamline your diet and lifestyle: Focus on a balanced Mediterranean diet, with adequate intake of water and...  Read Full