Q. Why is there burning sensation after passing stools?

Answered by Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Do you have a question on Burning Sensation In Anus or Spicy Food? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Since last few days whenever I eat any spicy food or chicken, after passing stools, I am feeling a bit of burning sensation for five minutes. After that, it goes away. That too in a week I feel 1 to 2 times. Surrounding the anus also while washing sometimes I am feeling a burning sensation. I do not have any other problem of difficulty in passing the stools and it is regular and clear. I request you to suggest some medication. and I have also stopped eating spicy food.